• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lemmeron's Hero Quest Painted Stuff

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Lemmeron's Hero Quest Painted Stuff

Postby Diggin » May 8th, 2015, 4:39 pm

think you're right Whitebeard, but in this case, the red cloth is painted so well i totally believe there's a dead guy on top
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Lemmeron » May 8th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Whitebeard, yeah I agree that it is meant to be the way you describe, and every other one I have seen is done like that. there are a few reasons I did it this way...
1. Usually if the body is on top it is chiseled out of the stone work itself like this Image
the problem for me is that doesnt leave a very wide colour palette to play with.

2. the Detail in the sculpt was such that I thought it was possible to paint a believable dead body on top - the face is scary real if you see this in real life

3. The hero quest dungeon is a place of magic, monsters and mystery, so it is possible to have a dead body on the table preserved by magic - so the question for adventurers now is hmm do I disturb this for the chance at treasure... or do I risk the room filling with yellow sparkles or other nasties...

4. It gave me a really good chance to practice painting cloth, and painting red without it going pink from incorrect highlighting.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » May 8th, 2015, 9:48 pm

I painted mine as a body as well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » May 8th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Lemmeron wrote:3. The hero quest dungeon is a place of magic, monsters and mystery, so it is possible to have a dead body on the table preserved by magic - so the question for adventurers now is hmm do I disturb this for the chance at treasure... or do I risk the room filling with yellow sparkles or other nasties...

I like this. I have two which I hope to paint soon and was planning on doing one as stone and one as a body as I had thought that it could be used at the start of a quest when the heroes are holding a vigil for someone.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » May 10th, 2015, 3:55 am

OK, next up are my more recent Chaos Warriors, I painted these around March...

I still have to finish the wood and bases properly

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » May 10th, 2015, 4:42 am

Nice work. I especially like the armour on the left, what did you use?
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 10th, 2015, 6:46 am

Yes, I like them, too.
The brown of the gloves (on the left) is nicely fitting.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » May 10th, 2015, 8:10 am

Wow, amazing work man! You're learning FAST!
I love how you painted the bases, so clean and they match the corridors very well. I've tried doing that too, but I haven't been very successfull...
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » July 12th, 2015, 9:30 am

OK, I finally got around to finishing my Witch Lord !!!

I love this figure from the reaper bones (Malek, the necromancer), and really enjoyed painting him...

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Miniatures