Page 1 of 2

Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 2:55 pm
by GimmeYerGold
I really love this Banshee figure! I came across it on the Italian Heroquest forum:

Image

Image

It was discussed in this tread: http://heroquestforum.it/index.php/topic/798-banshee/

Even with "translate page" I am a little puzzled if this was a recast, or a custom job, or if it was only limited release, personal project, etc.

There tread is over 8 years old, sadly. I could try contacting the OP, with a google-translated inquiry, but the last time they were online at that forum was 4 years ago.

Does anyone have any clues about this miniature? I'd love to track it down. Thanks!

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 3:03 pm
by Rook
It's a recast of an old GW Banshee. Used to be available in metal, and I believe was available until it was replaced in plastic.

The base would prove a bit more difficult, but finding it shouldn't be too hard.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat2004cgund/c2004undp0043-01.htm

Hope that helps!

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 3:32 pm
by GimmeYerGold
Rook wrote:It's a recast of an old GW Banshee. Used to be available in metal, and I believe was available until it was replaced in plastic.

The base would prove a bit more difficult, but finding it shouldn't be too hard.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat2004cgund/c2004undp0043-01.htm

Hope that helps!


Good eye Rook! Thanks a bunch!

That's the one. I see the modeler did some modifications on the base, so that figure is standing rather than floating.

I'm currently using this Banshee from Reaper:

Image

I think I might take a shot in the dark and try to contact the OP at the forum if I can't locate a similar one. Who knows!

Thanks again Rook!

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 4:01 pm
by Sjeng
Rook wrote:It's a recast of an old GW Banshee. Used to be available in metal, and I believe was available until it was replaced in plastic.

The base would prove a bit more difficult, but finding it shouldn't be too hard.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat2004cgund/c2004undp0043-01.htm

Hope that helps!

That's a standard EU HQ base. He simply chopped off the original base, glued it on a HQ base, and made a mold for it, and recast them. Nice figure though. I never buy/sell from/to Italy though. Too risky.

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 4:14 pm
by whitebeard
I like the reaper one better. You could mod the hand and add a sword. Is the scale too big? That's my issue with most Reaper minis. Usually not an issue with monsters.

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 4:17 pm
by GimmeYerGold
whitebeard wrote:I like the reaper one better. You could mod the hand and add a sword. Is the scale too big? That's my issue with most Reaper minis. Usually not an issue with monsters.


Yeah, otherwise the Reaper banshee is very nice, but she towers over the rest of the figures, as do the ghost figures I got from Reaper:

Image

(also my heroes call this ghost, the "sperm monster!")

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 4:18 pm
by knightkrawler
whitebeard wrote:I like the reaper one better. You could mod the hand and add a sword. Is the scale too big? That's my issue with most Reaper minis. Usually not an issue with monsters.


The one from Reaper is cute and *huggable*. Not what I imagine a Banshee to be. That looks more like an Elven Spellsinger.
That Citadel banshee is a classic and one of a few old GW minis I'd consider timeless.

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 4:39 pm
by Goblin-King
Actually "Banshee 3" is one of my all time favorites.
I like how it doesn't wield a weapon; that's not really what a banshee does in my opinion.
It's all about the scream!

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 5:00 pm
by whitebeard
I don't like the sword. The Reaper banshee looks very unhappy... Agree that screaming would be better. If you paint it right, it should look brooding and menacing.

"Towering over" is okay. But when the head size and arm lengths don't match, it won't work.

My Reaper Gnolls tower over the Heros, but they are supposed to be 7 feet tall. So I go with it.

Re: Help identifying/locating a Banshee mini

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 5:38 pm
by slev
I actually really like the current GW model
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Vam ... mb-Banshee