• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

wolfies hq

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: wolfies hq

Postby wolfie907 » June 18th, 2014, 4:01 am

finished up the orcs I converted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » June 18th, 2014, 10:19 am

Nice. I like the choice of weapons and heads.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 18th, 2014, 12:05 pm

The orcs with the mouths open are extra fierce!

Also, that paint job is amazing. A mighty fine hoarde, yes indeed.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 23rd, 2014, 12:55 am

I like the very functional, 1-inch high Itars dungeon walls--you can even see the dwarf a bit from table height. I wouldn't mind if the corners peaked a bit higher, but that is just aesthetics. Your dungeons promise to be more immersive. Has Itars or another pledger put out a tutorial on painting the walls and floors? If not, maybe you or Sjeng should.

Those Orc conversions are fantastic. I love your unifying choice of one body modded several ways. I have two Main System sets, and now I have a great example of what to do with one of them...one day.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » June 23rd, 2014, 8:43 pm

I like the walls also at first I was going to make a mold and raise the walls to match my dwarvenforge stuff but I think the shorter walls are easier to work with. no i haven't seen a tutorial yet ill do one but im on my way to quinhagak right now and I wont be home for about 6 weeks so it will be awhile. the orcs were surprisingly easy to cut up for the arms and heads I used a #15 xacto chisel blade alittle pressure and they popped right off drilling the left hands was a pain cause the pinky area is not very flat it comes to a sharp point I cut most of them at the wrist also to rotate their grips the hardest part was razor sawing them off their bases without destroying their feet

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » July 29th, 2014, 2:57 am

I have been working on a couple dioramas for a reaper contest of late so haven't really done any hq painting but I wanted to share these anyway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » July 29th, 2014, 2:59 am

since I was already painting barbarians I whipped these up to

Rewards:
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » July 29th, 2014, 4:02 am

Looks good. :) That big barbarian with a sword looks like a nice mini to use but it's, well, big.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » July 29th, 2014, 11:25 pm

he is actually a firbolg and the one with an axe is a mountain giant they are on 40mm round bases but they are not really that big for giants all of the human figures are old 25 mm ral partha and grenadier the diorama is a conan reference

Rewards:
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » July 30th, 2014, 3:33 am

Just browsed through. I think my favorite was the mantic dog.

Seems like you get a lot of painting done, how much free time to you have or do you just paint fast?

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures