Page 1 of 2

Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 3:57 pm
by Infje
I've received a large number of extra miniatures in a recent purchase of Warhammer Quest. I'm having a hard time identifying most of these. Can you guys help me out? So far I only spotted the Troll Slayer Dwarf.

Image

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 4:22 pm
by The Road Warrior
I'm not sure what each individual miniature is but I think they are from Talisman 3rd Edition.
I'm sure someone else will be able to tell exactly what each figure is.

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 4:23 pm
by Goblin-King
Ooooh man! You lucky git!
Well they are all Talisman 3rd ed.

Well here goes. This is how they are actually named in the game. Some are better known under other names in the Warhammer universe (Shaman is an Amber Wizard for instance)
Left to right --->

Shaman
Alchemist
Dragonslayer apparently?
High Priest
Astronomer
Witch Elf
Assassin
Chaos Sorcerer
Halfling
Druid
Fire Wizard
Sorceress

BAM! Nailed it!

Edit:
Actually those models seem to be of terrible quality. You shouldn't let anybody see you with such ghastly minis! Send them to me, maybe I can use them for spare parts or something. I'll even pay the shipping because I'm such a nice guy.

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 4:24 pm
by knightkrawler
Most are Talisman, 3rd edition minis.
Look here to identify them: http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Talisman

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 4:24 pm
by knightkrawler
Great. I was just typing that all down, G-K.

Infje, I have some more and I plan to sell them anyway. If you're interested in broadening that collection, drop me a PM and I send you a list of which Talisman minis I have.

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 4:25 pm
by The Road Warrior
Goblin-King wrote:Ooooh man! You lucky git!
Well they are all Talisman 3rd ed.

Well here goes. This is how they are actually named in the game. Some are better known under other names in the Warhammer universe (Shaman is an Amber Wizard for instance)
Left to right --->

Shaman
Alchemist
Dragonslayer apparently?
High Priest
Astronomer
Witch Elf
Assassin
Chaos Sorcerer
Halfling
Druid
Fire Wizard
Sorceress

BAM! Nailed it!


:lol: That didn't take long...

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 5:19 pm
by Infje
Wow! You guys are good!
What would it be worth? Because I don't need them. Sorry Knightkrawler.

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 5:55 pm
by knightkrawler
Nothing to be sorry about. Someone else might be interested ;)
Value: On ebay Germany I've seen these things for 12-15 € apiece, but I doubt anyone actually buys them for that much.

Anyway, I would try ebaying each mini on its own in an auction.
Starting price 1,00€ (better: 1,99 € if you can do it without ebay fees).
Try ebay.de, cause the shipping cost for a letter will be under 2 € per mini to Germany.

The ones you have are not among the easiest to come across, but from different expansions.
Some of them I trust should make it up to 8 € or higher. But that's just a guess from knowing the mini market superficially, mind you.

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 6:11 pm
by chaoticprime
If I had the money, I'd snatch those bastards up immediately.

Re: Identifying Miniatures

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 6:14 pm
by The Road Warrior
knightkrawler wrote:Nothing to be sorry about. Someone else might be interested ;)
Value: On ebay Germany I've seen these things for 12-15 € apiece, but I doubt anyone actually buys them for that much.

Anyway, I would try ebaying each mini on its own in an auction.
Starting price 1,00€ (better: 1,99 € if you can do it without ebay fees).
Try ebay.de, cause the shipping cost for a letter will be under 2 € per mini to Germany.

The ones you have are not among the easiest to come across, but from different expansions.
Some of them I trust should make it up to 8 € or higher. But that's just a guess from knowing the mini market superficially, mind you.


To be honest knightkrawler is well off with his prices. These minis are practically worthless! Don't even bother looking at ebay.

I suppose, if you really wanted to get rid of them, I could take them all off you for £10.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
:lol: :lol: :lol: