• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dungeon Doors

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Dungeon Doors

Postby IvenBach » September 13th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Schmidt wrote:This forum needs spoiler tags!

That would be helpful. Funny comment by the way... That thought crossed my demented mind before, glad I'm not the only one out there.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » September 13th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Really like the doors. And yes, double doors would be great as well. The treasure pile is also a great idea. I'd put that ahead of chests, since the game comes with 3D chests already.

Ideas:
  • Giant Boulder (1x1 square)
  • Death Mist
  • Rotating Room (4x4 square)
  • Collection of small bottles with one or two tipped over (1x1 square)

Schmidt wrote:EDIT: This forum needs spoiler tags!

It's pinned on my to-do list.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » September 13th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Hey fellas - this guy hasn't been on in a month. I think he might have only come on to
advertise and then scoot.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby IvenBach » September 13th, 2013, 5:47 pm

I pm'd him with a question and he responded today. He's there just not posting here.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » September 13th, 2013, 7:23 pm

torilen wrote:Hey fellas - this guy hasn't been on in a month. I think he might have only come on to
advertise and then scoot.

Been on in a month? He joined the forum yesterday. :|

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » September 13th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Yeah...ignore me. It is september, right? See the drawbacks of being awake for over 24 hours.

Thantos - sorry man. For what it is worth - those are some sweet doors. :oops:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby IvenBach » September 13th, 2013, 10:34 pm

Sarcasm: Sleep is for the weak. Push through and fight against it. Once you pass the 3 day mark without sleep the hallucinations start getting pretty real and super intense! /Sarcasm We all have our moments, I'm sure you've all seen some of mine by now.

Rewards:
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby roomandu » September 13th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Thantos .. welcome to the Inn mate.
Those are some SUHWEET looking mini's and board sections there.
Your Dwarf has some great badass look about him. Is he a playable figure or is he intended as a statue?
Either way he looks seriously cool :D
|_P
Drew
roomandu

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 14th, 2013, 3:49 am

Schmidt wrote:A little offtopic, but does AHQ have special rules for an open door. An open door could block a corridor or you could hide behind it.

AHQ corridors are 2 squares wide, so an open door wouldn't block it. An AHQ door can be opened and closed by Heroes, Henchmen, and Sentries. If a door is replaced on the board for any reason, it is always placed closed. A door blocks line of sight, even if open, unless the attacker or the target is immediately behind it. In this case, the target should be partially obcured, treating the range to it as 4 squares greater than it actually is.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 14th, 2013, 4:13 am

Thantos wrote:
IvenBach wrote:*pout* I wish I had a miniature company... :cry: That's a nice looking door, and trap door for that matter. Any treasure chests?

In the pipeline good sir ;) not sure if i should do a chest or a treasure pile?

If your goal is to continue reproducing Hero Quest game parts as you already have for the doors and trap door, I'd say make the chests, a game component, first. If instead the idea is to produce generic dungeon stuff such as the sewer system, then the treasure pile and drathe's suggestions would be good.

If you wanna appeal to the HQ crowd more specifically, it might be fun to have a treasure pile that resembles some of the game art found in the cards. For instance, the back of the treasure cards feature a treasure chest submerged in a treasure pile. Now you've done both! ;)

Thantos wrote:
Schmidt wrote:The doors are looking great! You might want to sell them in packages with one closed and two/three open as there are usually more open than closed doors in a game. And next you should make a cool looking wizard.

Ahh yea, a very good point. I didnt think of that when making a multi mould to cast :/ Ill see about changing that in the future once these moulds wear out. Thanks for the feedback :D
Hmm male or female wizard?

A male Wizard would match well with the Dwarf. However, many would like to see female versions of both, as well. If you decide to make a female Wizard, there is some original HQ concept art from US Milton Bradley already available to use as reference:

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures