• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Replacement Ogres

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Replacement Ogres

Postby Infje » February 10th, 2013, 4:17 am

I never liked the Ogres in ATOH. I think they look fat, clumsy and certainly not menacing. Later editions of Warhammer does have better Ogres though. But not the ones I'm looking for. I want very specific Ogres to replace the ones featured in ATOH. I know it comes down to personal preference but I just want different ones. Google is your friend, so this is what I found:

Ogre Chieftain:

Ogre Champion:

Ogre Lord:

What do you think of these picks?

You may have noticed I'm missing the Ogre Warrior. That's the reason I'm posting this. I can't find any that I like. I actually like this Chaos Ogre from GW but those cost 20 euro's per mini. A bit too much. Especially since I need four.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Replacement Ogres

Postby Sjeng » February 10th, 2013, 4:25 am

Use the Champion model as Warrior. That model is also available in Reaper Bones, al LOT cheaper. Then choose a different ogre from Reaper for the Champion.

and do get this one as well:

So cool lol
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Infje » February 10th, 2013, 4:40 am

That could actually work. What's the difference regarding the Reaper bones?

Lol @ Female Ogre :D

I actually like this one a lot. Definitely Champion material. But it's an Orc, not an Ogre and it looks like the Lord version.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » February 10th, 2013, 6:17 am

I was thinking exactly the same model! Paint it in ogre skin colours and noone will know it was really an orc ;)

Reaper makes cast metal minis. Bones is a line of minis that were re-cast in PVC plastic. It's VERY detailed, but it's a bit bendy. That makes them a lot lighter, and safer for children too, and easily moddable. They're not weak (slap), but firm, you can just bend them with your fingers, but they snap back in position easily.
And they don't require primer, you can paint base colours straight on them. People have tested them, paint holds very well if the first base layer is NOT thinned with water. Once that layer is on, you can paint how you like. Finish them with spray matte varnish (anti-shine from army painted for example) and the paint will not easily chip off, even when bending very roughly!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » February 10th, 2013, 7:21 am

How big are Ogres like these on the board? Do they take up 4 squares?
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Infje » February 10th, 2013, 7:57 am

I don't know Road Warrior. Maybe Sjeng knows? Otherwise I'll make an inquire and post it here.

I think Sjeng saved me!

Ogre Warrior:

Ogre Chieftain:

Ogre Champion:

Ogre Lord:

I didn't like the Lord miniature at first untill I saw the shield and how this guy had painted it. I think this has the right levels. The Warrior with little armor and a wooden club. The Chieftain with a mohawk, shield, multiple weapons and a big belly from having to do a lot less. The Champion with full armor and dual wielding two axes. The Lord equipped as the 'heavy' with a large shield, killer club and light armor. Do you concur?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » February 10th, 2013, 8:06 am

Absolutely! Awesome choices :)
I think most of them would fit best on 2x2 squares, but with a little imagination you might just fir them of a heroquest base. Or use a bigger board ;)

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » February 10th, 2013, 8:16 am

I agree, they look like great choice.
I might just have to get a set myself ;)
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » February 10th, 2013, 11:07 am

Infje wrote:I never liked the Ogres in ATOH. I think they look fat, clumsy and certainly not menacing.

I think that it's just the way they should look ;) All they do is eat, fight and eat more :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » February 10th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Personally I'm a huge fan of GW's classic ogres. They can be pretty hard to find though I guess...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures