• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Never painted miniatures before

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Never painted miniatures before

Postby Sjeng » March 7th, 2013, 2:03 am

very nice! painted em green, drybrushed white? simple but effective!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby bruenor » March 7th, 2013, 6:13 am

Looks good mate, if you drybrush a light grey and then white it'll cover the green a bit more and make it pop a bit more as well.
If you cover too much gren then just thin some of the base colour down and wash that into the recess' again.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » March 7th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Thanks for the advice Bruenor.
I was trying to follow this guide but I don't think mine looked like any of the pictures at any stage of the painting. When I started adding white to the green and grey it just got greener and lighter so maybe I need to add more grey to the mix to start off with?
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby bruenor » March 7th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Yeah probably, the green wash helps too if it gets too light.
They use Snot Green there, but I find the green wash better to be honest.

Rewards:
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » March 12th, 2013, 1:27 pm

I picked these two fellas up from fleabay for £4 this weekend. Both need a bit of restoration work doing.

I'm hoping I can use a spare spearhead from my vampire counts skeletons to fix the necromancer's knife & then remove the top of the storm master's staff and do a better job of gluing it.

I wonder if it was someone from the inn that sold them to me.....

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby bruenor » March 12th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Jammy git, I missed those ones. :lol: 8-)

Rewards:
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » March 12th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Everyone missed them, I was the only bidder :lol:

I also picked up a 100% complete (I hope) copy of Space Crusade for £31 :D

So I guess my painting task just doubled.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » April 21st, 2013, 1:02 pm

Finally finished the Warriors of the Dead. I'm really quite pleased with them.

or maybe they really look like this

Also fixed up the two wizards I picked up not so long ago. I need to get some more paints before I can start painting these.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » April 21st, 2013, 1:31 pm

Cool, transparent paint! Coincidentally, I picked up a box of those ghosts last week at the warhammer sale I started a thread about. I thought they might be cool, and they do judging by your picture hehehe.
I am jealous at your wizards. I will use proxies from the Bones deal for them.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » April 21st, 2013, 2:48 pm

Sjeng wrote:I thought they might be cool, and they do judging by your picture hehehe.

Thanks. I really like these miniatures (even if I do think I have painted mine too green). Ghosts is something I think is really missing from the original game, you've probably noticed I prefer the Undead from the quests I have written ;) The only problem is I now have to make sure everyone has a Spirit Blade or plenty of decent spells to fight them.
I actually really like the LotR minis, probably going to buy a set of elves, dwarves & men to use as Men-at-Arms and maybe a Gandalf to replace the Wizard (I hate the HQ one).

Sjeng wrote:I am jealous at your wizards. I will use proxies from the Bones deal for them.

hehe. I got really lucky with these. I'm hoping I can pick up the other two at a decent price sometime

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures