Page 1 of 2

Caravan?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 1:22 pm
by jimmeuh
For the new adventures of our party, I wanted to start off with a protection job.
The party should protect a transport from point A to point B.

Anyone got any good miniatures/ideas for the job?
Searching for horses/wagons.

Paper miniatures will do I suppose.

Thanks!

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 2:08 pm
by Sjeng
How about this guy?

Image

or google search for 28mm miniature merchants / wagons

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 2:30 pm
by Goblin-King
Image
Lotr Gandalf from GW - This is actually not bad at all for a protection wagon!

Also lot's of nice stuff from Mega Miniatures USA
http://freeboardgamesnow.com/

Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 4:28 pm
by jimmeuh
Minitiatures look very nice.
Gonna have a look at the gameshop nearby what they can deliver.

If anyone is interested, if have found these:

Image
Image

I'll try those myself tomorrow

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 5:52 pm
by Goblin-King
Half the reason I play these games are for the miniatures, so I could never bring myself to using paper-minis :oops:

Anyways, I'm pretty interested in which rules you have thought of for the escort quest. How does it work?

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2013, 7:42 am
by jimmeuh
You got a point there.
Real miniatures (in particalur painted ones), bring the game way better to life.
Players will get easier "sucked" into the story.

For the rules:
I didnt had anything special in mind for the wagons.
Just a certain distance they can move, and an amount of wounds.

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2013, 8:35 am
by Goblin-King
Does the wagon move automatically or do the players control it?

by the way since the Gandalf Wagon is finecast, it is that soft resin GW uses. You should easily be able to cut his hat off and make him bald instead to make him less "Hey! That's Gandalf"!

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2013, 9:55 am
by jimmeuh
Mhm good point there...

I guess I'm gonna consider the wagons as NPC's. So the DM (myself) will control them.
I got some scenerio in mind, where the stupid and stubborn drivers make a mistake against the will of the protecting heroes.

Good hint on the Gandalf Wagon! Hope I'll find it or something familiar in the shop

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 14th, 2013, 12:48 pm
by Goblin-King
How could I forget this very excellent figure!!!
Another GW from their Mordheim specialist game:

Image

Re: Caravan?

PostPosted: January 15th, 2013, 4:40 am
by Big Bene
Goblin-King wrote:Half the reason I play these games are for the miniatures, so I could never bring myself to using paper-minis :oops:
Anyways, I'm pretty interested in which rules you have thought of for the escort quest. How does it work?
You're right about figures - cardboard figures can be very helpful in case of necessity, but I'd always consider them a compromise.
Cardboard scenery, on the other hand, fits perfectly into the heroquest concept (simple but ingenious). The original furniture, doors, and last not least the dungeon itself (the gameboard) are of cardbaord (partly combined with plastic). I made some papercraft accessoires for HQ because I think they fit well in. But to each his own.