• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

some of Zep's painted figs (pic heavey!)

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

some of Zep's painted figs (pic heavey!)

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:22 pm

Here's some of what i've done:

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Saturday January 12th, 2008 09:51pm
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: some of Zep's painted figs (pic heavey!)

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:23 pm

Holy *lemony goodness*, those are fantastic! I like the colour scheme you used on the Gargoyle. Most gargoyles I've seen painted just suck. If I could afford to, I'd send you some paints and my figures, but alas, I've got a barbarian pack to purchase.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 13th, 2008 12:20am

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Oh you poor bastard! :)

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 13th, 2008 02:53am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 11:24 pm

ZEP: Excellent work By the way!!! Am I going to see any of those up close and personal?

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 13th, 2008 02:57am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:25 pm

Phoenix wrote:Oh you poor bastard! :)

Yeah, I would really like a nice set of painted figures, but I've already sealed the other deal.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 13th, 2008 12:45pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:26 pm

drathe: Thanks! I tried to make the gargoyle look like he was a stone statued adorned with real armor that has come to life. I'm still working on improving my skills. I haven't been painting all that long and seem to have months in between sessions.

I'd gladly paint your stuff for a small fee plus shipping, but alas, you have that precious BQP that definitely takes precedence! :D

Phoenix: I'm bringing all those plus more as long as I can get my ass in gear this week and whip out some fast paint jobs on the rest. I've got some converted orcs and gobs basecoated that I hope to get finished. Plus I would like to get one of my chaos warlocks painted up for the game.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 13th, 2008 12:47pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:26 pm

I like the Chaos Warrior the best. That red wine colour just looks amazing and menacing.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 13th, 2008 12:52pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:27 pm

The chaos warriors are probably the ones I'm most happy with. They are the last ones I did before about a 6 month lag in painting anything. The Gargoyle was the first one I did once I got back into it. I painted the warriors that color to use as proxies for crimson knights in my Warlord Necropolis army. Warlord is Reaper Miniatures' table top skirmish/war game. Of course I've never played Warlord, just collected figures for couple of armies.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 13th, 2008 03:20pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:28 pm

Any new figures painted? Hey, I should post these on Ye Olde Inn when I get a chance. You mind?

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Saturday January 19th, 2008 06:30pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:28 pm

Got a bunch of converted HQ figures close to being done. Mostly orcs and goblins and one chaos warlock. I'll post em up as soon as finish.

Feel free to post any of my mini's on Ye Olde Inn. My fav's of my paint jobs are the chaos warriors, fimir, mummies, gargoyle, and zombies. I might try to get better pics of all of them when I finish this next batch of figs up since I got a new camera and have some better lighting setups.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 20th, 2008 01:34pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Miniatures