• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Workshop : New Heroes and Complete Set Painting

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Workshop : New Heroes and Complete Set Painting

Postby Sjeng » July 25th, 2013, 8:01 am

Would it be possible for you to post a tutorial how to make those bases? They are SO perfect.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby shy-design » July 25th, 2013, 9:27 am

Yeah Seb, its nice to see this thread still getting some attention. Your work is truly an inspiration to me. I've stalked your website for a while now and I have been more than impressed especially with your AHQ project. I really hope to see more work. I would love a link or a pic of your blood bowl team.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » July 25th, 2013, 1:33 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Nobody knows how much I want those beastmen.

And, oh, finally a post from ampersand.
Dude, open a thread to show off your stuff. I already have on occasion. Shown off your stuff I mean...

yeh I get around :) ill post if I know the right forum to put stuff into! im terrible for talking about the wrong things in the wrong forums!
so enough about me! lol

seb, im nicking your gnoblar/goblin idea! from looking at your other creations it seems you have an even deeper bits bin than I do. but I always thought gnoblars looked better than goblins as goblins?? if that makes any sense?
you beat me to the punch. and nice to see more people into the older figures. as much as I love the overpriced plastic these days. I still love a good old characterful metal fig of old :)
again great stuff. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Workshop : Questing for new Heroes (and monsters)

Postby Tott » July 26th, 2013, 6:34 am

Seb wrote:Hi All,

Every time i look at these, it takes me a second or two to realise that they are original HQ Orcs. wow.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » July 27th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Thanks guys!

Well my weekend was a wash out for painting; weather was too good to ignore so spent it riding and catching up with friends.

Really glad to hear you've got some ideas from my AHQ project, Shy-Design, thats a labour of love if ever. I have about 30 beastmen staring at me to finish them for the next quest of the young knight! I didn't take a team photo bizarrely, but I do have a few Blood Bowl images, I'll post those in future :)

Ampersand - I checked out your blog couple days ago, loving your recreation of furnishings! That would be my next effort should time permit. Beautiful work. I completely agree, the gnoblars always struck me as better goblins. I suspect Froud and Labyrinth the movie had something to do with that! The one bottom right is my all time favourite Gnoblin(?) ;)

Tott, I did a lot of cleaning of mold lines and some carefull shadowing about their sculpting to make some features pop. All the same, bold and characterful, they take to painting well. Doing retro miniatures and even grafting modern stuff backward, I've come to realise modern figures can be far to detailed for their own good these days.

Look forward to seeing everyones work about the forums, shall put something up this week!

best,
Seb. :)

Sjeng, a base tutorial? Sure, I have to complete the heroes next so I'll do a step process then.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 28th, 2013, 2:26 am

I think I commented your Orcs before, but I'll do it again.
They are the best HQ Orcs I've ever seen. Period.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » July 28th, 2013, 10:48 am

Seb wrote:Ampersand - I checked out your blog couple days ago, loving your recreation of furnishings! That would be my next effort should time permit. Beautiful work. I completely agree, the gnoblars always struck me as better goblins. I suspect Froud and Labyrinth the movie had something to do with that! The one bottom right is my all time favourite Gnoblin(?) ;)

yeah my one and only follower on my amazingly popular blog! :)

absolutely agree . labyrinth was a huge film in my childhood. and probably influences heavily towards my view of the skittering, character loaded goblins I like to see. currently GW goblins lack that for me, snotlings are closer to that mischevious little rotter sort of look I want from goblins, and gnoblar sit somewhere in the middle of the two!. also nice touch on the varied weapons and armour on them, 'goblin kills dwarf and thinks "ooh nice shield! im avin that!" and you get perfect dungeon fodder that sets the scene perfectly. :)
thanks for compliments on the furniture. I kind of took the same approach of varying things up to make it look like its been used by all sorts of denizens of the dungeon.(it was a semi successful attempt)

but dude you should do the odd tutorial. you've got lots of quality to share, and all the compliments justifiably being thrown your way would suggest a tutorial or 10 would be well received.
oh and that squigs eye!!! ............immense!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 28th, 2013, 12:42 pm

I also have that same squig goblin and some night goblins too. I can only dream of mine looking so detailed. +1 for tutorials man. At least let us try to achieve that level of awesomeness. ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby bruenor » July 28th, 2013, 3:09 pm

Bit bloody nice these minis!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 28th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Look at the eye of the squig. That's skill right there.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures