Page 1 of 1

Heroquest: The Frozen Horror - Miniatures

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2012, 6:18 am
by Infje
Hello,

I'm wondering is somebody, who has The Frozen Horror, is willing to make photo's of the front and back? There are already some good front photo's on this site. But I would like photo's [in higher resolution if possible] from the front and back so that they align. This would allow me to edit them in Photoshop to an printable format. Which ofcourse, I will share with everyone here as soon as I'm done.

I need these:

The Female Barbarian
Ice Gremlin
Yeti
Polar Warbear
The Frozen Horror

Example shot:

Image

Any help would really be appreciated.

Re: Heroquest: The Frozen Horror - Miniatures

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2012, 1:49 pm
by drathe
If your idea is to create paper miniatures from them, we can save you time by forwarding you to Jabbro Jones' photobucket. He's already made paper miniatures of the Frozen Horror, Mage of the Mirror, Wizards of Morcar and Against the Ogre Horde expansions.

Re: Heroquest: The Frozen Horror - Miniatures

PostPosted: February 4th, 2012, 5:15 am
by Infje
That's simply awesome! Thank you very much!

Re: Heroquest: The Frozen Horror - Miniatures

PostPosted: February 4th, 2012, 1:20 pm
by drathe
Happy to help. Glad that's what you were looking for.

Re: Heroquest: The Frozen Horror - Miniatures

PostPosted: February 5th, 2012, 2:57 pm
by Daedalus
I gotta thank ya for the link, as well. Got most of them already from One Monk's site, but those Mercenary/Guard, Elven Warrior, Elven Archer, and Giant Wolf standees are new to me.

What wasn't included in Jabbro's Photobucket Hero Quest folder that can be found at the onemonk site is the Werewolf standee. In addition there are a bunch more made by the forum members there that work for the other monsters of the Game System. Another very useful find is the bases to fit the standees. They come in various textures, complete with a tutorial on how to make them.

Daedalus wrote:
smsacks wrote:I found this great website: http://www.onemonk.com
See Forum Hoard #81-83 for the primary characters and monsters - base and expansions.
For the Elven Archers and Elven Warriors I used the Elf and Palladin from the Lost Treasures (MMiP #17 on the main download page)
For the mercenaries, I used the Dark figures from the Lost Treasures download


In addition to the Lost Treasures and Hordes 81-83, other free collections of interest are:

Goblins: Hordes 3, 7, 12, 41, 43, and 45
Skeletons: Horde 3
Zombies: Hordes 1, 35, and 86
Orcs: Hordes 1 and 7
Mummies: :(
Fimir: :( (substitute cool Bugbears from Horde 86)
Chaos Warriors: Hordes 3 , 7, and 84-85
Gargoyle: :( (substitute ice demon from Horde 25)
Ogre: Horde 8
Mercenaries: Hordes 7, 18, 51, and 73
Elven Warriors: Hordes 18, 20, 42, 50, 69, and 74
Elven Archers: Horde 42
Giant Wolves: Hordes 22 and 46
Goblins on Giant Wolves: Horde 44
Witch Queen: Hordes 27, 31, 32, and 90
Skullmar: possibly Horde 50
Ghost Rider or Chaos Warlock: Horde 77

You can also buy downloads, including those suitable for Chaos Warriors, Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, Skeletons, Zombies, Elves, Barbarians, Mercenaries, Elven Warriors, and Elven Archers.

Finally, there are also many more monsters and peoples useful for dungeon crawling in general, whether free or paid.

Re: Heroquest: The Frozen Horror - Miniatures

PostPosted: February 11th, 2012, 4:43 am
by Infje
Some great tutorials on that site. Thanks for the link! I didn't find the werewolf model you were referring too. Do you have a direct link?

Re: Heroquest: The Frozen Horror - Miniatures

PostPosted: February 11th, 2012, 12:28 pm
by Daedalus
The Werewolf standee is found in Hoard # 81-83, the same place that all the specific Jabbro-created Hero Quest standees are found at One-monk's. This link opens the page that displays the set. It's the top, left-most horde picture. The Werewolf is in the front row, center.

Re: Heroquest: The Frozen Horror - Miniatures

PostPosted: February 19th, 2012, 7:35 am
by Infje
Thank you very much. I just made a test print here at work and I'm impressed. With a little time and effort one has all the neccesities to make the expansion him/herself :)