• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest painted miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: HeroQuest painted miniatures

Postby tasoe » January 11th, 2012, 4:21 pm

I edited the first post to include the heroes and the gargoyle. two more days for the sorcerer.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » January 11th, 2012, 4:54 pm

The gemstones on the elf and wizard look particularly good. I also like the way you painted the wizards gloves. Looks very leathery.

Poll: Who hates painting the barbarian's leather/fur boots?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ndsandman » January 11th, 2012, 6:59 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Clean or dirty looks... What it all boils down to is that I just love when people take the time to paint their minis, no matter which style or quality. It just adds so much more to the overall feel in my opinion.
In the midst of battle you don't study the details anyway. You just absorb the basic colors.

Well put, clean or dirty pro or beginner, paint was used. A person can olny get better by first trying to paint and continuing to paint, study books or watch videos and even ask friends. So for all those who have tried to paint thumbs up to you !!!
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 11th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Your paint job does heroic justice to the game! I think the clean look works well with the slightly-cartoonish feel of HQ figs.

As you requested criticism, I'll offer some niggles for you to accept or reject:

• I'd swap the Barbarian's and Dwarf's boot color scheme, as a black leather feels more suited to dwarf-craft. The chain mail looks great! (That goes for the Orcs, as well.)
  • The Wizard could use some definition for the mouth, and you might want to touch up his inner left boot.
  • I'd personally prefer the Goblin's subdued shade of blue over the Orc's brighter tunic.
  • Like the green and red Chaos Warrior's colors, though I agree the red needs a stronger highlight. Consider changing the horns of the helmets to a different color.
  • The Mummies could benefit from a little color/shade variety. They are your only figures that are identical.
  • The Gargoyle's Brown skin matches better with its armor than its wings (which seems confusing to me). Maybe some reddish highlights on the skin can tie things together as a whole.
  • Like your funiture, except for the Alchemist's Bench metal color. If not wood, maybe bronze? Otherwise darken to iron.
  • The Alter's stone-texture look is surprisingly original! I'd add a wash to define the candle holders better.

I don't mean to belittle your fantastic effort. My suggestions don't even matter much to me. Hope 1 or 2 help out, however. Thanks for sharing. :D
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby tasoe » January 12th, 2012, 7:00 am

Deadalus I totally agree with 6 out of your 8 remarks.

Let me say a couple of things on the others. About the gargoyle, I followed the exact scheme that is on the back cover of the quest book.
I personally like it a lot and wouldn't change anything on it.
About the alchemist's bench, it is not metal, it is painted dark brown. The problem is the shiny look and the angle of the photo with the camera flash made it look like this.
It actually is a lot nicer looking at it from different angle.
Check this photo to see what I'm talking about

Also about the originality of the altar it is actually copied from somewhere on the internet. If I left it up to my creativity it would probably end up orange with green candles.

Anyway thanks for the nice words!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » January 15th, 2012, 4:24 pm

The chaos sorcerer has been added to the first post to complete the army.

Rewards:
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » January 15th, 2012, 4:42 pm

The highlights on the Chaos Sorcerer's helmet orb look amazing. It actually looks like a real crystal orb.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby tasoe » January 15th, 2012, 4:56 pm

drathe wrote:The highlights on the Chaos Sorcerer's helmet orb look amazing. It actually looks like a real crystal orb.

Thanks! I did the same thing on the back of it, but when you look at it from the top it looks a little weird. But you can't have it all.

Rewards:
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Mophus » March 8th, 2012, 1:56 pm

The orb of the Chaos-Sorcerer looks fantastic!

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » March 8th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Mophus wrote:The orb of the Chaos-Sorcerer looks fantastic!

thank you very much sir! I check out your models and they look exquisite. probably one of the best painted set i've ever seen. Especially the 4 heroes.

Rewards:
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures