• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Painted old an new miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Painted old an new miniatures

Postby Sjeng » January 5th, 2012, 8:55 am

Makes me want to paint more again. good job!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Templar » January 5th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Thank you everyone for your nice comments :D And your friendly suggestions too! I've started to modify the dwarfs armour, but as I feared I still have a problem with doing washes...my Warhammer Lizardmen army is proof that I never realy got the hang of it...

And Big Bene is right, my leather is a bit shiny, but I think the light setting exaggerates the shinyness. It is not so bad in normal light conditions.

Anyhow, while I'm working on the dwarf, you can tell me what you think of my Elf :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sadkitchen » January 5th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Anyhow, while I'm working on the dwarf, you can tell me what you think of my Elf :mrgreen:

I wish I had any skill in painting. I will never let anyone see the units I ruined with paint, but trust me when I say they was very bad.
Yours on the other hand are very nice. Keep up the good work.

-SadKitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 6th, 2012, 8:42 pm

The eyes are so well done, I feel you need to put some (muted) color on the mouths.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 8th, 2012, 8:52 am

yup, and perhaps a mild wash on the hair and hands for some shadow. :)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Templar » January 8th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Daedalus wrote:The eyes are so well done, I feel you need to put some (muted) color on the mouths.

Noted! And thank you, I'm pleased with the eyes, especially on the barbarian and the elf. They were nice and big...the dwarfs eyes were kind of hidden beneath the helmet, so they were a pain to get acceptable.
Sjeng wrote:yup, and perhaps a mild wash on the hair and hands for some shadow.

I will try this, though my prognosis is that I will not be able to make it good...but practice makes perfect :mrgreen:

Here is my last basic hero, the wizard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Templar » January 12th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Now on to my new hero models! :mrgreen:

First we have the Knight, an alternative to the barbarian...

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 15th, 2012, 8:35 am

cool paintjob!

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Templar » January 23rd, 2012, 5:32 pm

Thanks, Sjeng :) I loved painting the big, smooth surfaces, but the eyes were very hard to do...

Here is my alternative for the dwarf (i.e. the one in the party that can disarm traps), the Assassin:

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 30th, 2012, 3:50 pm

That's a pretty cool model! And I love the brown shading in the cloak. Well done!

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures