• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Proxy Figures

Postby Dwnhmcntryboy » April 6th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Well I have discovered a couple guys willing to help me out with a few things. I am really excited for this. Been a long time coming.
Dwnhmcntryboy

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 11
Joined: March 20th, 2015, 8:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Proxy Figures

Postby FainFlynn » April 7th, 2015, 8:46 am

details? Dwn?
FainFlynn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 200
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 5:47 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Proxy Figures

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » April 9th, 2015, 4:36 pm

I've posted up some site on the appearance of orcs a goblins thread while I search for some proxy orcs. I don't like the GW muscle bound versions and a lot of the others just don't cut the mustard for me.
I would like to see some proxy Fimm though,

http://www.bloodmoonminis.com/CatalogTr ... ucts_id/32

I don't know why, these "Bog raiders" are the closest but just don't do it for me and the forge world versions are far too large.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 434
Images: 32
Joined: June 29th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: uk, bucks
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Proxy Figures

Postby Sjeng » April 11th, 2015, 1:27 am

I've mixed up a lot of stuff, from GW for Ogres to Reaper for heroes and monsters (I just pick the ones that scale best, and put them on a HQ base made out of milliput. I have molds for those. Stick in some milluput and then the model, let it dry, take it out and paint!)

I think there's another proxy thread somewhere here with many pictures and examples of other models and size comparisons.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Proxy Figures

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » April 18th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Maybe have a look at some of these:
http://www.dmoz.org/Games/Miniatures/Manufacturers/


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 434
Images: 32
Joined: June 29th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: uk, bucks
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Redav » April 24th, 2015, 7:11 pm

Has anyone come across some suitable skeleton archers?
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 486
Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby knightkrawler » April 25th, 2015, 1:36 am

Reaper has some, readily available, as metal and, I think, also as Bones.
But the awesomeness is in the defunct I-Kore's line Celtos. I have some of those.

Image
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Redav » April 25th, 2015, 2:28 am

Yup, I meant to have included other than Reaper. Those ones look interesting. A pity they're defunct, they're are probably really hard to come by.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 486
Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby knightkrawler » April 25th, 2015, 4:29 am

In Australia, yeah, I guess so. In the US I've seen a sizeable ebay market for them.
The minis themselves shouldn't be unaffordable (around 2-3 quid apiece), but your shipping cost...
Of course, older Warhammer editions had plastic skeleton archers, too.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Diggin » April 25th, 2015, 4:55 am

knightkrawler wrote:Of course, older Warhammer editions had plastic skeleton archers, too.


That's a good one. The plastic skeleton cavalry and chariot rider sprues came with one archer's arm for each rider. you might want to check bit boxes or sites like Hoard o bits for archer arms.
Or just go for the latest tomb kings archers, they're probably more beefy than the old plastics and maybe there's some egyptian style to it.
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 68
Images: 0
Joined: January 8th, 2015, 8:35 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests