• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Sjeng » June 18th, 2014, 3:20 pm

I wish I had some of those. Would make great statues for a dungeon where cthulhu is the endboss. Reaper Bones mega Cthulhu that is hehehe!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby gootchute » August 4th, 2014, 11:02 pm

I saw this kickstarter and immediately thought of HeroQuest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/231062375/28mm-orcs/?ref=kicktraq
Image

I am in no way affiliated with the people behind this shady looking campaign, the kickstarter page is barren besides that one (rather nice looking) photo of an orc.

It has that classic GW look and feel without the bow-legged shaved ape we see these days.

Don't blame me if this person steals your money...
•==(Broadsword>


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 224
Images: 12
Joined: May 13th, 2013, 4:28 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby wolfie907 » August 4th, 2014, 11:06 pm

there are 4 more pics in the latest update I like the look of these also but probably wont back


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Sjeng » August 5th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Yeah, though these look pretty good, they will be metal, and I prefer plastic.
They do look like they'd fit in very well. I like them.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby artisturn » November 9th, 2014, 2:08 pm

I have been looking at the Reaper website and the prices for the Bone miniatures are pretty affordable.

Has anybody here used them and how do they scale up with the Heroquest miniatures ?
User avatar
artisturn

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 81
Joined: October 3rd, 2014, 6:04 pm
Location: Santa Fe,New Mexico,USA.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby sajungzak » November 9th, 2014, 2:41 pm

this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby rkseverance » January 4th, 2015, 2:31 am

I had a game called Mordheim made by GW around 15 years ago that game with a bunch of rats and skaven. I would guess it is impossible to find today.
rkseverance
 
Posts: 8
Images: 5
Joined: January 3rd, 2015, 5:35 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member

Proxy Figures

Postby Dwnhmcntryboy » March 22nd, 2015, 4:16 pm

So I do not have all of the games but I am trying to get all of the figures, at least in proxy, and was wondering how many people just rely on GW minis.

I am trying to match the style of GW minies to the base game and trying to find a list of the older figures available s hard. But I am haveing fun. Where do you guys look to mainly find proxies or are you all just purists and only track down HQ Figures?
Dwnhmcntryboy

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 11
Joined: March 20th, 2015, 8:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Re: Proxy Figures

Postby knightkrawler » March 22nd, 2015, 4:21 pm

My current set is an ever-changing setup of modern figures from all kinds of manufacturers, from Darksword to Reaper to Rackham and many others, including GW. I try to keep an overall style to figures within a quest pack.
Then, when I've painted up these, I plan on going about what you're doing: finding old Citadel minis to proxy the plastics and paint them in a very traditional comic style. Or a style I've developed until then, I don't know,
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Proxy Figures

Postby slev » March 23rd, 2015, 7:32 am

GW is obvioulsy easy, you can get something taht approximate sthe right style for most things with little effort.

The next best port of call is minis companies run by people who where associated with GW in some way. Heresy, Avatars of War, Warlord, etc.

Then I move on to other fantasy producers working in simialr scales such as Reaper.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests