• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth

Postby Thor-in » January 27th, 2019, 6:47 pm

It could be interesting. I guess I should of explained my thoughts on it better. I'll try any RPG once, with an open mind. I just don't like the whole needing an electronic to play a miniature based game. It very well could be one of the best RPG's that have come out. Maybe I shouldn't judge the book by its cover.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sinned » October 31st, 2019, 2:42 pm

Base game plus the expansion arrived yesterday

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » October 31st, 2019, 2:49 pm

Sinned, I'm sure this is probably to early to ask but is it any good? How do the figures look? I saw a guy on YouTube paint the game set and they looked decent.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sinned » October 31st, 2019, 4:02 pm

Thor-in wrote:Sinned, I'm sure this is probably to early to ask but is it any good? How do the figures look? I saw a guy on YouTube paint the game set and they looked decent.

Haven't played it yet, but a friend of mine who has (and doesn't praise things easily) is enthusiastic.

The minis look good and so do the components.
This is my 3rd FFG game (I have Imperial Assault and all of its expansions (both boxes and packs) and a good collection of ships of their X-Wing game) and I must say they deliver quality stuff.

My main reason to finally get this (I initially wanted to get it on the release date) is that I'm a pretty big Tolkien fan (Star Wars is #1, Tolkien comes second and this isn't my first LOTR game).

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sinned » March 27th, 2020, 12:16 pm

Thor-in wrote:Sinned, I'm sure this is probably to early to ask but is it any good?

Played it several times now and I'm hooked. What a fantastic game this is. Without a doubt one of the 3 best boardgames I've ever played. (I'd say Imperial Assault and Star Trek Catan are the other 2)

Rewards:
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby brycechard » August 27th, 2021, 5:28 pm

Thor-in wrote:It could be interesting. I guess I should of explained my thoughts on it better. I'll try any RPG once, with an open mind. I just don't like the whole needing an electronic to play a miniature based game. It very well could be one of the best RPG's that have come out. Maybe I shouldn't judge the book by its cover.

I think it would be very interesting to see an MMO RPG based on the Lord of the Rings universe. Especially online. I think such a game would be very popular! I would personally spend the whole day in it! I would have played for 5k hours. More than in CS GO. Lol) It would be especially interesting to look at game design. For example, to study locations. It would be very interesting to look at the development of Gorgoroth. I think this would be the most popular location in the game. I think my point of view will be supported by all my friends from my favorite forum on the works of John Tolkien.
Last edited by StratosVX on September 5th, 2023, 7:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Removed spam link
brycechard

Hero:

Previous

Return to Other Games Room