Page 1 of 1

Crossbows and Catapults - homebrew

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2016, 5:30 pm
by torilen
So...if anyone has looked at the prices of crossbows and catapults lately, you'll know it is
ridiculously expensive. I'm not paying those kinds of prices, no matter how much I like
the game.

So, I made my own catapult. This first attempt is not pretty, but it works great...maybe a
little too great. It will shoot a square "bullet" quite far. I'll measure it for you soon. The
pictures below are not complete - I decided to add two pieces of wood under the back,
to make it shoot a little more level.

I'll add pictures of the next catapult, and of the crossbows, as they get built. The Crossbows,
I think, will be a bit easier to produce.

catapult 2.JPG


catapult 1.JPG

Re: Crossbows and Catapults - homebrew

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2016, 7:18 pm
by whitebeard
I was thinking about getting the essential dimensions and making a CAD file such that I could order a couple of aluminum sets (2 crossbows and 2 catapults). Not really cheaper, but nice and permanent.

Re: Crossbows and Catapults - homebrew

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2016, 8:02 pm
by torilen
Mine cost about $10.00...maybe $12.00. Again...it's not pretty...hopefully
future pieces will be. But as I said, it works just fine, and that's the most
important to me right now. I am just looking to play one of my favorite
childhood games with my son. :)

Re: Crossbows and Catapults - homebrew

PostPosted: July 4th, 2016, 8:59 am
by mukami
Here's something you might be able to use. Crayola Build and Destroy

The Morphix stuff doesn't solidify, but the little catapults are cool, and you get molds for walls and knight statues.

Re: Crossbows and Catapults - homebrew

PostPosted: July 4th, 2016, 9:46 am
by torilen
Hmm...pretty neat. I may have to look into that. Thanks. :D