Page 1 of 1

Lone Wolf - The Board Game

PostPosted: September 24th, 2014, 3:12 am
by Redav
The Gary Chalk lovers will love this;

On the back of the recent LW Adventure Game kickstarter, there's now a kickstarter for a board game illustrated by Gary Chalk

Lone Wolf - The Board Game

Re: Lone Wolf - The Board Game

PostPosted: November 6th, 2014, 7:07 pm
by Redav
It's kicked off

Re: Lone Wolf - The Board Game

PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 4:47 pm
by ruiza97
it appears to be more of a skirmish type game

Re: Lone Wolf - The Board Game

PostPosted: November 8th, 2014, 4:05 am
by Patroclus
The illustrations of Gary Chalk are wonderful of course, but they’ve fail to convince us that the gameplay is good. At first stare it looks like a war game so I’ll pass. If I’ve seen one or two quests and it’s not just a war game then 50$ is a good price.

Re: Lone Wolf - The Board Game

PostPosted: November 17th, 2014, 3:20 pm
by Daedalus
The game was made years back by Gary, so I think the real appeal will be limited to Lone Wolf fans. He leaned the original down, but those tables don't appeal to me. The standees are pretty cool; I could see using them alongside the Brazillian Estralia HQ standees. I also like that Lone Wolf mini. Pledging for a painted version by Gary is a neat idea.

If the kickstarter is successful, we might even get to see some new art. Here's hoping.

Re: Lone Wolf - The Board Game

PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 5:54 pm
by Patroclus
There is a print and play version on the kickstarter’s page.
If it wasn’t a wargame I could buy it.

Re: Lone Wolf - The Board Game

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 7:36 am
by Redav
I haven't had a proper read of the rules but after a skim, it's not the usual style of game that I play. That's okay though, I'm backing it as I love Chalk's artwork plus there's a LW mini involved :)