Page 1 of 1

Arcadia Quest

PostPosted: February 26th, 2014, 1:54 am
by Sjeng
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... adia-quest
It's a new chibi PvPvE game. But it's CMoN, so I'm gonna skip this one. Got too many games anyway, and a bucket of chibi minis that need painting. I think I'd prefer SDE anyway.

Re: Arcadia Quest

PostPosted: February 26th, 2014, 8:38 am
by Hero_Of_Retro
Just noticed this after checking my mail. Love the look of this.. but again.. i have too many games to probably ever get around to this. :) Great sculpts though. :)

Re: Arcadia Quest

PostPosted: February 26th, 2014, 10:02 am
by Goblin-King
Ooooh Myyyy Gooood!
Image

Don't care about the game or minis at all, but I sorta want this particular one...

Re: Arcadia Quest

PostPosted: February 26th, 2014, 10:25 am
by torilen
Can't stand the anime look to it all. I hate anime, for the most part (dragonball being the one exception).
That's one reason I really stayed away from Eberron when Wizards came out with it for D&D...to close to
anime for the animation. Granted, the rules weren't "anime", but if there is going to be art...I will not like
it if it is anime.

Re: Arcadia Quest

PostPosted: February 26th, 2014, 12:05 pm
by Sjeng
Goblin-King wrote:Ooooh Myyyy Gooood!
Image

Don't care about the game or minis at all, but I sorta want this particular one...

hahahaha, that's epic. Only now I see he's modeled to look like the Goblin King xD
But why Hitch?

Re: Arcadia Quest

PostPosted: February 26th, 2014, 12:11 pm
by Goblin-King
Well, there are literally thousand of games with standard "normal" fantasy miniatures.
I think there are room for a niche style like this :-)

Ironically enough I thought of Dragon Ball when I first saw the monsters for AQ.
They are very reminiscent of early DB monsters, like that very first pterodactyl and bear monsters.
Generally the style seems somewhat derived of db- the monsters in particular (or maybe it's just me).

Re: Arcadia Quest

PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 2:54 am
by Sjeng
oh, my Goddess, they have an even cooler mini here:

Image

*Rolls on Floor Laughing*

They also have a Grace Jones (from Conan), a Black Adder and King Richard (FRESH HORSES!), and Van Helsing. And of course.... C'thulhu.
You can now get 3 boxes full of coolness for $100 and an optional expansion box for another $48,-. Tempting, but I don't think I like the game mechanics themselves. It's a competitive game. Looks pretty though.

Re: Arcadia Quest

PostPosted: March 25th, 2014, 3:27 am
by Daedalus
I'll say one thing for chibi minis--you can do a lot more with the eyes. :shock: