Page 1 of 1

GURPS?

PostPosted: November 29th, 2013, 6:36 pm
by Decipher
Anyone here play or have played GURPS back in the day?

Re: GURPS?

PostPosted: November 29th, 2013, 6:48 pm
by Teldurn
I have but it was so long ago, I hardly remember any of the mechanics.

Re: GURPS?

PostPosted: November 29th, 2013, 8:56 pm
by torilen
I've flipped through a few of the books, but never played really.

Re: GURPS?

PostPosted: November 30th, 2013, 3:45 am
by wolfie907
I played in 7th grade but I liked d&d better so we only tried it a couple times

Re: GURPS?

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 11:36 pm
by Blackthorn
I used to play The Fantasy Trip RPG which was designed by Steve Jackson and from what I've read was the basis for GURPS. Fond memories of playing The Fantasy Trip were what inspired me to purchase HeroQuest when I first ran across it in Toys "Я" Us.

Re: GURPS?

PostPosted: December 7th, 2014, 3:05 pm
by Teldurn
Blackthorn wrote:I used to play The Fantasy Trip RPG which was designed by Steve Jackson and from what I've read was the basis for GURPS. Fond memories of playing The Fantasy Trip where what inspired me to purchase HeroQuest when I first ran across it in Toys "Я" Us.

Extra points for correctly writing out the "Я"
:D

Re: GURPS?

PostPosted: December 8th, 2014, 11:14 am
by cornixt
I knew several people who had used the GURPS system and they hated it. I don't know what the issues were with it though

Re: GURPS?

PostPosted: December 8th, 2014, 12:34 pm
by cynthialee
cornixt wrote:I knew several people who had used the GURPS system and they hated it. I don't know what the issues were with it though

I played GURPS back in the late 90's, my character was a half Ogre (Grunt, sister of Smash) who was obsessed with battle. She would grieve the death of her opponents that failed to harm her and beg the gods to send her worthy opponents who could send her to the hells to be eaten by her war god. She would go giddy in combat and grow morose if there were no combats during the day.

The system has some flaws, but it an RPG and that is the most important part. All RPGs' have flaws.