Page 1 of 1

Weapons all deal the same damage?

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 6:29 pm
by sadkitchen
I downloaded a copy of the rules for this game (and they made me want to buy it more) but I have a one question. Do all the weapons deal the same damage? (1d6 + the character's strength)? I don't get it. But then again maybe I should play it befor second guessing it. Just curious to those that have played it. Does all the weapons set at the same damage work?

-SadKitchen

Re: Weapons all deal the same damage?

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 12:54 pm
by HeroQuestFrance
No.
You have the basic game + 3 additional treasure decks (50 cards each !) + 2 expansions and there are many treasures.
Damages are sometimes higher sometimes lower.

Re: Weapons all deal the same damage?

PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 1:33 am
by Amazing Larry
No, all weapons do not deal the same damage. If you look in the Roleplay book, you will notice some weapons have special characteristics. Such as the Battle Axe conferring a +2 Strength bonus to each hit, or the Broad Sword being +3 Strength on each hit. Also, if using the advanced rules, your Warrior eventually will roll 2D6 (starting at level 5), and eventually by level 9, 3D6 damage on each hit.

That said, most basic weapons, deal D6+Strength damage. If they are magical in nature, they will likely have additional abilities. For example: Hammer of Sigmar normally deals D6+Strength damage. However, if a 6 is rolled on the warrior's to hit roll while wielding the hammer, it inflicts Quadruple damage.

Re: Weapons all deal the same damage?

PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 9:19 am
by sadkitchen
Much coolness on the replies. I have thought it through and it actualy makes some good sense to do something like that. I was rewatching one of the LoTR movies last night and all the orcs Legolas got with his knives were just as dead as the ones Aragorn got with a sword. If you know how to use a weapon they all take down the baddies with about the same effectiveness. I'm just so used to games having super variable damage for basic weapons and it supprised me when this one didn't.

-SadKitchen