• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Warhammer Quest app

Topics relating to WarhammerQuest.

Warhammer Quest app

Postby Sjeng » August 21st, 2012, 10:49 am

yes you read it right, an official Warhammer Quest app is coming:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/b ... 600036-gws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yhod1degdo

looks nice, but I don't have an iPad.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Warhammer Quest app

Postby Goblin-King » August 21st, 2012, 10:55 am

Just saw it too... I was SOOOO disappointed. For a moment I thought it was a re-release of the board game (kinda like what they did with Space Hulk).

One can only hope...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 21st, 2012, 10:58 am

at least release it for PC as well!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby bastianbux » July 1st, 2013, 8:57 pm

I caved in and bought it... and now I'm totally addicted. I've never played the boardgame version of WHQ, but it plays as much like AHQ as I remember. It's pretty fun, but--just like I felt about AHQ--seems a bit bland. A lot of the intros to the quests are nearly identical. But somehow I'm still finding it fun a few days and many quests later. :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » July 9th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Well, I finished all the main quests and discovered all the towns... but now it shows me that there is a Skaven expansion with a whole new kingdom to explore... and it costs the same amount as the initial game. :/ Something tells me I will cave and buy it at some point, but not today. :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 9th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Pay again? I think if I ever play this it will be on an emulator 20 years from now. I hope I get to play my box version again before that.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » July 9th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Haha, yeah. I was very frustrated. The game itself was $4.99, which as far as iPhone games go is pricey. So I would have thought that DLC would be .99 like a usual iPhone app

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby roomandu » July 29th, 2013, 11:41 pm

WOW :o that game was fairly cheap considering who owns the copyright :lol: but I can fully believe the DLC would cost almost as much as the initial game ;)
roomandu

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » August 7th, 2013, 4:54 am

Space Hulk video game is available on pc (STEAM) on august 15 , 2013.
Warhammer quest will follow too so no need to panic ^^.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » August 13th, 2013, 9:02 am

I got the app yesterday. I must admit that its very entertaining and addictive. Usually I avoid ipad games cause most of them they are dumbed down arcades, but this little game actually works. It may be the nostalgia factor, I dont know, but Im really enjoying it. The game goes like this. You have a map of empire regions, with cities, villages, hamlets. You have a party consisted of characters (marauder, wood elf, magician, dwarf). Each time you move your party in a city you get the chance to visit the market and buy-sell equipment, visit the temples and try to get a blessing, level up your characters and most important open the missions of the area. Once you pick yourself one, you move there and start exploring the dungeon. The scenery is very faithfull to the spirit of the original game.
Now the bad things (in my opinion). You are able to buy new characters (same way like the old booster packs) and new regions to explore. Each warrior pack costs 2.69 euros and each region/enemy pack costs 4,49 euros (same cost as the basic game). I think that we all can see what our beloved GW is doing here. They developed a fun but basically very low cost game. You might get tricked by the seemingly low price but if you add up the numbers of basic game and the released addons we have a total of 17,05 euros. That means that if they continue to produce addons and we buy them cause they are ''cheap'' and ''cool little game'' we will end up in no time to have payed about 40-50 euros. That is the price of a premium pc game which probably took years to develop and costed hundreds of thousands to the producing company.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to WarhammerQuest Room