Page 1 of 2

D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: August 13th, 2010, 5:00 am
by HeroQuestFrance
You are lucky, this new dunjeon crawling boardgame is released in your country first. (august 16,2010)
I asked Hasbro France but they still don't know the boardgame since it hasn't been released yet.
I will buy it as import. In general FFG releases one Descent/doom box and we have a french version one or 2 years later !
I can't wait for a such delay... and those damned photos & videos of the box opening are like hell...

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 4:35 pm
by kboleen
I went last Wednesday (8/18) to get a copy and the owner of my local game shop said it had been delayed. so I don't know when it will be out.

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: August 28th, 2010, 2:40 pm
by HeroQuestFrance
The boardgame (I bought it) is available on august 28, 2010.
It looks like a funny and quick dunjeon crawling.
A lot of videos are on youtube and many pics on gbg.

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 11:19 am
by HeroQuestFrance
I just also could preorder the second boardgame (99% similar and compatible with D&D ravenloft) here with free postage & package :

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780 ... e-Mountain

It should be release in november too.

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 1:12 am
by Ragnar IronFist
I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking I want to get ravenloft, and still haven't seen any reviews by fellow HQ fans. I chose to get it over Descent 2nd ed because I heard it flows better, more dungeon-crawly, and solo-able. So is it a bad-ass game? Sucky? Or just kind of pointless/redundant to have when you already have HQ?

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 2:43 am
by chaoticprime
It plays almost exactly like 4th Edition D&D.

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 4:15 am
by Patroclus
I have seen some playtesting on the web and I can say it’s not good for me. It’s based on event cards, lots of skills and a combat system for how the enemies are choosing their targets. It’s too much setup for me to play it as solo, and basically I can’t find any interesting on that… For solo playing it’s better to play HQ, having in mind “what the players will do if it wasn’t solo”, for choosing targets you can use common sense and for things like “what path will they take” you can use the D6 and pick one random (or give less possibilities to the “wrong path”) (also in every room do a search for secret doors and traps, because we always do that, and you don’t have to move the heroes with dices if the passage is clear, just move the one out of the door and the rest count them as “are following one square behind”, for speed). Of course, an experience like that is closer to the GM feeling (because you know the map) and this is how I am playtesting my quests. If you want to not know the map you can use the AHQ rules with the random map generator. I don’t prefer that because it’s very “hack and slash” but it’s not a bad experience.

Other better games in my opinion are talisman (very different but you can play it solo or find one more non-hardcore player), space hulk (very different but can't solo, just need one more "hardcore" player), dungeon quest (I am not sure but looks fun for solo), the “dungeon” (it has some fun as solo or played with kids) and also descent 2 (I don't have played it but I think is better than ravenloft, but can't solo)… of course every game is very different and depends on you and what you like… even ravenloft could have some fun...

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 10:21 am
by knightkrawler
Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, and Legend of Drizzt have rules for solo play, though.
I don't know what your criteria for owning the game are, but the minis are also mostly awesome.

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 5:56 pm
by Sjeng
Never knew book depository had these. Cool. If you guys ever want to order something from that site, do me a favor and use the add link on my personal blog. I get credit that way. ;)
Pm me if you do.

Re: D&D Ravenloft

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 5:59 pm
by chaoticprime
All the minis are just DDM but plastic and not painted.