• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Maybe you can help

Topics related to Dragon Strike.

Maybe you can help

Postby Nephew of Mentor » December 19th, 2012, 12:54 pm

So, Dragon Strike isn't HQ. That is its greatest weakness. However, it is an okay game, but there are just some things missing. The next weakness is the lack of official and semi-official expansions. That is where I am seeking assistance.

Inside the Dragon Strike box was a flier with an entry for the Dragon Knights Club. Members were promised a metal Warrior mini, and other things. Members were promised two newsletters that included new official quests. All this came for just $20. Unfortunately, these newsletters are the Chupacabras of the boardgaming world, nobody has ever seen them and nobody is very certain they ever existed. Did anyone ever join this club? Did they actually get the newsletter? Have those newsletters been thrown away since then?

I contacted wizards of the coast, but they were unable to help. If they exist out there I assume they are tucked in a DS box that has either been packed away or passed from person to person through the usual avenues. Anything else is likely to have been thrown away or accidentally destroyed. I would love to start a lookout for these expansions, but I can't do it alone. Does anyone have any ideas?
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Maybe you can help

Postby Blackthorn » December 19th, 2012, 2:01 pm

I don't think there is an official DragonStrike page but there are forums specifically for this game at Board Game Geek. I would try posting something there.

By the way, where can I get a good Chupacabra miniature? ;)
Last edited by Blackthorn on January 6th, 2014, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » December 19th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Unfortunately, they have a comment about the newsletters on that site, but it doesn't seem like there is much of a hunt going over there. I guess I could join and post a call to arms...to search, something like that.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 27th, 2013, 1:37 am

This thread talks about the Endless Quest books and Young Adult books for Dragon Strike. Maybe the posters know something of the flyer.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » January 27th, 2013, 9:08 am

that link is awesome but it makes me sad now i wanna try wild space and never will

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sandal_Thong » June 21st, 2022, 3:32 am

I once saw the Dragon Knights T-Shirt on eBay, but the seller didn't know anything about the game or where it came from.
Sandal_Thong

Return to Dragon Strike Room