Page 1 of 15

Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: August 26th, 2012, 10:53 pm
by Nephew of Mentor
Has anyone converted the entire book of Dragon Strike Adventures into a HeroQuest quest pack? I would like to know before I do any work. I would like to tie it all in to the Heroquest world so that it is more than just compatible and more like an expansion.

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 3:26 am
by Maike05
Never heard of anyone who has done it before. Good idea though!

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 12:00 pm
by drathe
I believe Lord Narren's Battles by Dewayne Agin were an adaptation of the Dragon Strike quests. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be done again using modern tools and ideas, or take the old and improve upon it.

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 12:20 pm
by knightkrawler
That's a great plan, indeed.
Thinking of doing it with the D&D boardgames far far into the future...

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 12:20 pm
by knightkrawler
Was that even English I used up there?

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 7:17 pm
by Nephew of Mentor
Thanks for pointing out that Lord Narran's Battles. That will be great for reference especially since they included tiles in that .zip file. Though I am still in the middle of working on Legacy of Sorasil, I have already transcribed the adventure book and created a cover from the old art. I never have enough sense to focus on one project at a time.
Image

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 11:07 pm
by Nephew of Mentor
Speaking of that page. Does anyone know what Cellars Of Blood, The Quest For The Sword, The Quest For The Lichemaster, or Carag Eight Peaks are adapted from?

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 11:31 pm
by drathe
They were adapted from Advanced HeroQuest articles in White Dwarf magazine.

Carag 8 Peaks has already been converted into an Agin's Inn Classic and is available on the Quest Pages
http://www.yeoldeinn.com/na-quests.php#classics

The others are currently being converted to Agin's Inn Classics and will be released once finished.

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: September 11th, 2012, 10:35 am
by Nephew of Mentor
Awesome, I was curious if anyone had done that. Has anyone ever adapted Terror in the Dark, or the original AHQ quests? Thanks for the info.

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

PostPosted: September 13th, 2012, 11:21 am
by Hinks12
I found this on a page awhile back it includes the quest book if you don't have it You may get some good ideas from it. http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n ... 30033.html I look foward to your questpack i always wanted to play dragonstrike when i was younger but my older brother never would.