Page 1 of 1

The coolest play by play video of AHQ

PostPosted: August 8th, 2026, 12:20 am
by Evil Frog Wizard
I never actually got to play AHQ, but I found this youtube series of a Japanese gaming group doing a sort of narrated play of it and it's possibly the coolest one I've ever seen. So, I figured I'd share it cuz' it's kinda awesome, and I've never seen anyone bring it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdN-rko ... XapxCIVgeM

There's an entire playlist of about 30 videos, so hopefully that will be included in the link. If not, you might need to do some searching. Please enjoy. |_P

Re: The coolest play by play video of AHQ

PostPosted: August 15th, 2026, 1:14 pm
by HispaZargon
I digged a bit on such YouTube channel, and I am rather impressed about how many videos they have. Nice finding.

Re: The coolest play by play video of AHQ

PostPosted: August 15th, 2026, 11:48 pm
by Evil Frog Wizard
HispaZargon wrote:I digged a bit on such YouTube channel, and I am rather impressed about how many videos they have. Nice finding.


Yeah, it's kinda criminal there isn't more views. But I guess it is a bit of a slow burn, and some of the between quest stuff can drag a bit if you're like me and want to get to the action. I tend to just skip that stuff as long as I have a basic idea of what is happening. Also the dudes style evolves a lot during the series as he gets more and more experience doing videos. I would say 'Toboro's Shame (the secret gate)' is when he is really hitting his stride. Which is about half way through the videos.


Also, just for fun, take a shot whenever the dude says 'However'.

Re: The coolest play by play video of AHQ

PostPosted: September 10th, 2026, 11:52 am
by MingTheMirthless
Nice J.U.G.S! Solid channel

Re: The coolest play by play video of AHQ

PostPosted: September 11th, 2026, 1:40 am
by Evil Frog Wizard
MingTheMirthless wrote:Nice J.U.G.S! Solid channel


I know, right?

How is this channel not more popular?

Re: The coolest play by play video of AHQ

PostPosted: September 11th, 2026, 12:00 pm
by RECIVS
Evil Frog Wizard wrote:How is this channel not more popular?

At least to me, because of stuff like this. My reasons are in that thread.

Re: The coolest play by play video of AHQ

PostPosted: September 11th, 2026, 8:33 pm
by RECIVS
RECIVS wrote:
Evil Frog Wizard wrote:How is this channel not more popular?

At least to me, because of stuff like this. My reasons are in that thread.

I just noticed there's a relatively recent comment in that video saying they really just made a maxed-out dude, which I agree with.

Besides, setting aside whether limiting PVs is a good idea, their count doesn’t seem proportional or consistent across the AHQ bestiary.

Forget my other points in that thread; are we saying, for example, that the monster they're proposing is equivalent, PV-wise, to three Skaven Warlords and a sentry, or to a Bloodthirster and a Troll from the AHQ bestiary? Putting the cap at 20 PV seems to be counterproductive in any case.

I guess one may become a little too picky about PV assessments in AHQ after spending a few years expanding its bestiary; it may need further revision, though.

Re: The coolest play by play video of AHQ

PostPosted: September 12th, 2026, 6:03 am
by lestodante
They use too much narrative for my tastes... I prefer Guitarhulk channel instead. He used stop motion to animate the miniatures, it's way more interesting to see this kind of job for me.
Have a look here:
YouTube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ4ALNN-HEgLcTFkHV6agyw5oFD2iP5ol&si=HWGdh-w0mXRuCWmz
Website: http://www.ADPSminimovies.com
Blog: https://adpsgamingcloset.blogspot.com