Page 1 of 1
AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
February 9th, 2022, 5:13 pm
by Zeus
Hi,
The rulebook mentions colored slotta-bases were included to differentiate between the various types of Skaven, but as far as I can see it doesn't say exactly which colors were included and in which amounts. As I bought all the metal Skaven back then, I had no use for the colored bases, so they wound up in my general slotta-bases box (where they should still be

).
I am now trying to sort out all of my 80's and 90's GW games. Does anyone have any idea which colored slotta-bases were included in AHQ?
Thanks, Zeus
Re: AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
February 9th, 2022, 6:00 pm
by Kurgan
Had no idea about this. Were they square or round by the way?
Re: AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
February 9th, 2022, 7:49 pm
by lestodante
I remember I bought my set of heroes with green rounded bases. Have seen many pictures of the heroes with these bases, so i guess they were official.
But this is the only color variant I know.
Re: AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
February 9th, 2022, 8:30 pm
by HispaZargon
Zeus wrote:I am now trying to sort out all of my 80's and 90's GW games. Does anyone have any idea which colored slotta-bases were included in AHQ?
Hi Zeus. My AHQ included 6x light grey, 2x green and the rest black circular bases. I don't remember which of them were exactly for each type of miniature, I guess green ones were for skaven leaders but not sure. Maybe the original quantity of bases may vary since I could have used some of them for other purposes. That's all I remember by now about it.
Re: AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
February 10th, 2022, 11:39 am
by Zeus
Thanks for your replies! I will at least add the light grey and green bases, and see whether anyone else chips in with exact counts or other colors!
And to Kurgan: they were round slotta-bases.
Re: AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
February 10th, 2022, 12:52 pm
by cornixt
Looking at one of the few unpainted models photos of BGG (
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/754268/ ... -heroquest) there were
5 grey bases
4 darker green bases
3 light green bases (these are possibly painted)
the rest black.
I guess that was back when the philosophy was to just give you enough to give you options, but you had to decide what they meant for yourself.
Re: AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
February 10th, 2022, 1:42 pm
by Kurgan
I have often thought if I did paint my HeroQuest figures I would leave the bases in their original colors to help differentiate (at a glance) what class they belonged go (I realize it's not perfect, because although red is normally hero/merc there are also dark warriors and ogre warriors that are red, and gray and blue can be good or evil, but white = undead, green = greenskin is pretty consistent). Not sure about AHQ ( correct me if I'm wrong, but they intend for you to paint all the figures, because they're all in generic gray or off white, vs. classic HeroQuest where the colors indicate which ones you can substitute for if you run out of monsters... although with the blue ones it was "of similar power").
Re: AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
July 13th, 2022, 12:20 am
by Sinned
I bought my copy of AHQ back in the fall of 1991. And still have it.
The Skaven had black bases while the 4 heroes had green bases.
Re: AHQ slotta-bases

Posted:
July 13th, 2022, 6:02 pm
by HispaZargon
Thinking in AHQ miniature round bases...
What do you think about them? If you also own a classic Hero Quest copy, did you replaced the AHQ bases by classic HQ ones?
I think I will do it to have all the miniatures with same look, but what do you think?