Page 1 of 2

Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 2:02 am
by aaronAGN
In the "quests" section of the site, there are PDFs of the various published expansions. And in the game system section there are links to the quest books for the various expansion sets.
Are there PDFs of Advanced HeroQuest and Terror in the Dark?
And where can I find them?
Any help would be most appreciated.

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 4:00 am
by Pancho
Advanced Heroquest is not really covered in the PDF section. I was talking about this on another thread recently, and I think the main reason is that Advanced Heroquest had tiles rather than a standard dungeon layout, and with the quests not being as structured as Heroquest it would be harder to convert.
That being said, there are a few conversions. JDean80 is converting Quest for the Shattered Amulet as we speak (take a look, pretty cool), and the Advanced Heroquest classic Quest for the Lichemaster is also available - go to the Agin's Inn historical archive section of the main webpage.

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 8:28 am
by j_dean80
I found the AHQ pdf and TinD pdf somewhere on the Inn. That is what I was using to do the conversion. I'm pretty sure I found them in one of the topics under AHQ section.

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 9:32 am
by aaronAGN
j_dean80 wrote:I found the AHQ pdf and TinD pdf somewhere on the Inn. That is what I was using to do the conversion. I'm pretty sure I found them in one of the topics under AHQ section.


I'll look again. I found something somewhere a couple of weeks ago. But stupidly didn't save it.

Although as I'm writing this, I just remembered the scan of AHQ is on the main "Game System " page.
Also Phoenix made a "Revised" version called "Dark Company" I think using the map scans but wrote a new story about an evil Sir Ragnar.

But still can't find anything on "Terror in the Dark".

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 11:56 am
by Anderas
The dark company was an original, not AHQ. Well, I am always interested in more new quests so if someone finds it I'd be happy about a link.

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm
by j_dean80

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 2:49 am
by aaronAGN
Anderas wrote:The dark company was an original, not AHQ. Well, I am always interested in more new quests so if someone finds it I'd be happy about a link.


Ah. For some reason I thought TDC was a repurposed AHQ with a new storyline added.

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 8:06 am
by j_dean80
aaronAGN wrote:
Anderas wrote:The dark company was an original, not AHQ. Well, I am always interested in more new quests so if someone finds it I'd be happy about a link.


Ah. For some reason I thought TDC was a repurposed AHQ with a new storyline added.


HQ released a new set of the original game in the UK (maybe other Euro countries). It was called Advanced Quest Edition. Came with all the normal original parts plus The Dark Company Quest plus men-at-arms figures.

With the name so similar to AHQ its easy to see why you thought that.

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 9:50 am
by aaronAGN
j_dean80 wrote:HQ released a new set of the original game in the UK (maybe other Euro countries). It was called Advanced Quest Edition. Came with all the normal original parts plus The Dark Company Quest plus men-at-arms figures.

With the name so similar to AHQ its easy to see why you thought that.


Is there a pdf of that edition?

Re: Quest Book Question

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 11:06 am
by j_dean80
aaronAGN wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:HQ released a new set of the original game in the UK (maybe other Euro countries). It was called Advanced Quest Edition. Came with all the normal original parts plus The Dark Company Quest plus men-at-arms figures.

With the name so similar to AHQ its easy to see why you thought that.


Is there a pdf of that edition?


http://english.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/ ... ompany.pdf