Page 1 of 2

Advanced Heroquest the video game ? UPDATE !

PostPosted: July 19th, 2016, 6:19 pm
by Valnar Nightrunner
Hi all !!

I'm totally crazy, sure of that.... I'm working on a RPG Maker XP version of Advanced Heroquest. The result is a mix between Final Fantasy (the very first one) and the true Advanced Heroquest game. It's really strange and amazing to see painted models begin to move, casting spells and fighting each other.... Here are some pictures of that futur game. Am I a psychopath or some sort ?????

See, below, some pictures AND a Demo Video (10 minutes MP4) to download. The game is in french, but voices are in english.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3429ku

Or you can watch this video on YOUTUBE here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWWA-Bun6eE

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 5:30 am
by Mophus
:ugeek: Welcome to the asylum, where the great ideas are born. I like the journey map and the scans of the minis by the dialoge box. What about placing an amber filter over the grey walls in the battle mode?

Are you planning to include all the original quests, too?

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 3:14 pm
by Gold Bearer
:) Definitely going to keep my eye on this!

Isn't Magnus' full name Magnus The Bright? ;)

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 10:43 am
by Valnar Nightrunner
Gold Bearer wrote::) Definitely going to keep my eye on this!

Isn't Magnus' full name Magnus The Bright? ;)


Yes, exactly. But in french it's Magnus le Flamboyant (because of his College of Magic, Bright College, Collège Flamboyant in French). In august i'll send a demo version with the animated presentation of the four characters. :)

Ho by the way, the game is in french :?

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 10:46 am
by Valnar Nightrunner
Mophus wrote::ugeek: Welcome to the asylum, where the great ideas are born. I like the journey map and the scans of the minis by the dialoge box. What about placing an amber filter over the grey walls in the battle mode?

Are you planning to include all the original quests, too?


Good suggestion for the philter, I'll do that. Thanks !!

Yes my plan is to include all the original quests, ans especially "the Quest for the Shattered Amulet", but the first version will be a demo and it will present the characters and a single dungeon with three levels. :mrgreen:

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 11:03 am
by QorDaq
Cool project. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

maj!

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 11:24 am
by Valnar Nightrunner
QorDaq wrote:Cool project. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

maj!


The project is progressing faster than I expected, it's really easy in fact. I'll send all the material (pictures of the characters, tilesets, icons and pictures for the animations) and maybe a link for downloading the programm of RPG maker XP. You'll be able to make your own quest with that.

For the sound ambiance, music are from Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Darksiders.

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 1:18 pm
by Gold Bearer
Are you going to put the four HQ heroes in as there's stats and rules for them included in AHQ? Also what about furniture?

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:In august i'll send a demo version with the animated presentation of the four characters. :)
:D

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:Ho by the way, the game is in french :?
:? I don't speak Kermit.

Edit:
What names does AHQ give for the four HQ heroes?

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 4:09 pm
by Valnar Nightrunner
Gold Bearer wrote:Are you going to put the four HQ heroes in as there's stats and rules for them included in AHQ? Also what about furniture?

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:In august i'll send a demo version with the animated presentation of the four characters. :)
:D

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:Ho by the way, the game is in french :?
:? I don't speak Kermit.

Edit:
What names does AHQ give for the four HQ heroes?


Well, Rogar the Barbarian, Telor the Wizard, Ladril the High Elf, and Durgin the Dwarf.

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 4:34 pm
by Gold Bearer
Hmm, same as the hero original heroes in the HQ lore, not the current ones. I've always thought of AHQ being later in the timeline then HQ.

I'm sure I've seen them somewhere official with different names.