how do I balance this game? and speed question
We've been playing AHQ for quite a while and im running into some problems. Im sure we dont play it "right" but the manual is one of the most confusing books i've ever had to read with snippits of VERY important information just snuck into random paragraphs on random pages!
But the main problem I'm having is I seem to of missed how this game scales with the players. For example theres a guy whos toughness and weaponskill is so high I have to roll a 12 twice to do 1 wound of damage. He seems immortal. There is a skaven that weilds a magic halberd and something in rules said about it dropping but now end result is nearly every player has a magic halberd because the monster isnt uncommon. How do I stop players becomming "invincible"?
I'm reading these updated rules I saw on the forums by the way, they look great!
My last question is speed. One or two players in particular are very very very slow. When they play we barely finish one floor of a dungeon in the whole evening. I dont think anything can be done about it whilst keeping the game inclusive.. but how do people handle stuff like that usually?
thanks!
But the main problem I'm having is I seem to of missed how this game scales with the players. For example theres a guy whos toughness and weaponskill is so high I have to roll a 12 twice to do 1 wound of damage. He seems immortal. There is a skaven that weilds a magic halberd and something in rules said about it dropping but now end result is nearly every player has a magic halberd because the monster isnt uncommon. How do I stop players becomming "invincible"?
I'm reading these updated rules I saw on the forums by the way, they look great!
My last question is speed. One or two players in particular are very very very slow. When they play we barely finish one floor of a dungeon in the whole evening. I dont think anything can be done about it whilst keeping the game inclusive.. but how do people handle stuff like that usually?
thanks!