Page 1 of 2

AHQ help needed

PostPosted: June 11th, 2014, 7:48 am
by jomosino999
I'm trying a hybrid game which is based on Warhammer Quest / 3D tiles and the AHQ D12 system. But I've lost the page(s) that have all the weapons tables. I'm creating new character sheets, but don't know how to allocate Damage Dice. There must be tables correlating weapon / strength / (weapon skill?) to generate the number of Damage Dice to be thrown for each weapon. But I don't have it.

My AHQ Rulebook shows 'Magical Weapns' on page 32. Tantalising but I want all the basic weapons, H-to-H and Bows. You may think the problem is trivial, but it's difficult. I'm a Brltish ex-pat living and working in China, and can't access many 'foreign' sites. Can somebody please find the weapons tables pages and email them to me - jomo963@hotmail.com ? I have one each of the very few copies of HQ, AHQ and WHQ in China.

Thanks in anticipation.
John.

Re: AHQ help needed

PostPosted: June 11th, 2014, 7:53 am
by Baylor_OgreBane
Is it just the AHQ weapons page or the WQ pages as well. The AHQ should be posted up here somewhere for down load, as thats where I got mine.

Re: AHQ help needed

PostPosted: June 11th, 2014, 10:19 am
by GimmeYerGold
Hey, jomosino,

I have a pdf saved to my google drive. I'll send you a link!

Re: AHQ help needed

PostPosted: June 12th, 2014, 1:33 pm
by Sjeng
Welcome! Luckily the olde inn isnt blocked then. I hate governments blocking perfectly fine websites.

AHQ help update

PostPosted: June 12th, 2014, 8:59 pm
by jomosino999
Panic over!
Missing pages now printed in China (I wonder how many copies there are out here?)
As I always suspected, the people who play these games are impressively helpful, on a global scale. Thanks to everyone, especially Robert and Jason.
[No, this site is not blocked in China - though many are]
John.

Re: AHQ help update

PostPosted: June 13th, 2014, 1:20 am
by Daedalus
It's great to hear about an enthusiast in China, and I'm pleased people here can help. I'm in Taiwan, so I sympathize with your access to gaming materials around the world. I've got HQ and WQ myself. Do you have a gaming group?

I'm not suprised China has the Inn available. We're no threat to political harmony--the only conflict we're focused on is imaginary.

Feel free to continue to post about your gaming project here. While HQ is the focus, both AHQ and WQ are strongly related dungeon crawls that bear fruit in others' houserules. I'm adapting the strength limits for weapons in AHQ, as well as working on an expanded version of the furniture tables found in AHQ.

Re: AHQ help update

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 12:28 am
by jomosino999
Hi Daedalus. Never been to Taiwan - what are you doing there. I came to China 10 years ago, running away from redundancy/unemployment. Started teaching English and got married. Now I'm stuck here!
We have a kind of gaming group. Ex-students (mostly girls) come and play at my apartment every Monday evening. It improves their English though I'm not sure how useful Barbarian, Dungeon and Provisions will be in their futures!
I bought the whole sequence in UK. HQ, AHQ, WQ as they were released. A group of us played for about 6 years. Worst day's work I ever did selling it before coming to China, but I was broke. Spent 2 years recreating it, at enormous expense, from eBay UK. It all got delivered to my daughter in England and I spent a further 2 years picking it all up, on holidays.

Re: AHQ help needed

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 3:13 am
by Sjeng
I merged your topics into one ;)

I'm imagining you, the sensei, sitting in a darkened room as the DM with 4 cute chinese girls in school costumes playing HQ lol, but that's because I watched way too much anime. Plus that's all Japanese, not Chinese, but still :P

You owned WQ? oh, my Goddess. selling that was indeed a bad idea. that's worth its weight in gold nowadays. I never owned any of those games when they were in stores. Now I own HQ and AHQ, but WH will probably never be possible to get. I can print all the tiles however, and proxy the minis, so if I wanted to play the rules, I could. That's what makes this forum so great!

Re: AHQ help update

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 8:58 am
by Daedalus
jomosino999 wrote:Hi Daedalus. Never been to Taiwan - what are you doing there. I came to China 10 years ago, running away from redundancy/unemployment. Started teaching English and got married. Now I'm stuck here!
We have a kind of gaming group. Ex-students (mostly girls) come and play at my apartment every Monday evening. It improves their English though I'm not sure how useful Barbarian, Dungeon and Provisions will be in their futures!
I bought the whole sequence in UK. HQ, AHQ, WQ as they were released. A group of us played for about 6 years. Worst day's work I ever did selling it before coming to China, but I was broke. Spent 2 years recreating it, at enormous expense, from eBay UK. It all got delivered to my daughter in England and I spent a further 2 years picking it all up, on holidays.

My story is pretty much the same. I came to visit at the invitation of a gaming friend from my university days. I'm on 12 years here--also teaching English. Also married, but to a Philippina. Stuck here...hmm. I'm gaming with my friend a few other expats--AD&D for now. I've played WQ to BL5-6 with one bud. I also played my HQ game ragged with kids after private lessons, but my KK expansion is in better shape. Fortunately I have another HQ main system in my sister's basement along with some Heroscape stuff I haven't gotten to play yet (I have the master set here, my girl loves the toy value).

My group feels HQ is too simple, but if I bring it to the table with houserules and extra cards, I think they'll give it a try. That keeps me motivated. I'm also pledging/risking the Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition from Spain for the same reason--to get my group to play. Descent was too klunky/slow, though the Castle Ravenloft Boardgame went over pretty well kinda-sortof (about 5 scenerios after about 2 years).

If they still won't play, I may just have to find a new group. My kid is 5 now...

Re: AHQ help needed

PostPosted: June 15th, 2014, 8:34 pm
by jomosino999
Hi Sjeng (and everyone),
Thanks for merging the topics. I hesitate to shatter your vision of my game (playing tonight). But you're definitely seeing Japanese. My students are all adults in their early 20s, from an English Training Centre where I used to teach. Though, having said that, most Chinese girls in their 20s do look about 14!
I have one who is 16 but she would never come in her school uniform. All Chinese school clothes are based on sports with nylon jackets and baggy trousers. They are 100% non-sexy. The Beijing government is obsessed with the idea of kids not having relationships, so they all hate their ugly bland uniforms. Japanese girls though really do wear short pleated skirts (OK,I'll say it, just like the porn sites!) and many continue to do so right through university. They like them because they have shorter fatter legs than Chinese girls and short skirts make them look longer. We like them because one sneeze and all is revealed. Not really a gaming topic - I'll wait while you all go off and have a cold shower!
Daedalus - my group started with Heroquest but found it a bit simple too. Does your 5yo show any interest? We live with our 6yo Chinese granddaughter. She's fascinated and 'helps' me painting. She wants to try it, but I've told her she'll have to improve her reading first! An interesting spin-off is her reaction to a scary movie she walked in on. I was about to turn it off, but she heaped scorn on the images: 'It's just a skeleton!'