Page 1 of 1

AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 1:25 am
by Gunzhard
I was looking through the rules of AHQ Terror in the Dark and several things seemed to be straight from the WD quests. Does anyone know what is/isn't overlap with regards to quests, magic, monsters, characters etc... ?

And then which WD quests came out after TitD?

Thanks!

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: August 27th, 2013, 11:57 am
by Sjeng
I haven't looked into them that thoroughly to be honest. but I don't think there were duplicate things...

If you were browsing the PDF I made and shared in my dropbox account, then you have a PDF of Terror in the Dark plus all the WD quests in one package, ready to print ;)
I inserted custom made covers for each chapter, so you know where each issue starts and ends.

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:20 pm
by Gunzhard
Sjeng your package is nice! ...thanks for that. The reason I asked is because they look almost identical. WD138 and WD139 have the "Henchmen" stuff, the "Treasure" stuff, and the "Light Wizard" stuff almost exactly as they are found in the TitD book.

I guess it's rather silly seeing as both are 20+ years old now, but I was trying to find which was the 'latest' version... there are only very small difference in either case, as far as I can tell.

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:42 pm
by Sjeng
Oh I see, well, I guess WD just wanted to get people interested in the expansion then.

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:53 pm
by Goblin-King
Just shooting in the dark, but perhaps the WD material were like a "test-drive", to figure out if the new stuff were good enough to turn into an expansion? I dunno...

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:59 pm
by Gunzhard
Goblin-King wrote:Just shooting in the dark, but perhaps the WD material were like a "test-drive", to figure out if the new stuff were good enough to turn into an expansion? I dunno...


That is rather GW's style ...with 40k they would often release stuff in WD then make a compilation / compendium / expansion / etc... later on. I don't have any real dates of anything, but I'm going to guess the TitD stuff is the 'latest'. :)

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 1:40 am
by drathe
I believe the expansion was after the WD articles.

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 1:20 am
by Daedalus
Browsing Wikipedia, Robin Dews became editor in 8/91 with issue #140. That would date the Henchmen article at 6/91 (monthly, right?). Advanced Heroquest came out in 1989 and Terror in the Dark was copyrighted in 1991. That's about two years for White Dwarf articles. Nothing definitive, but it's a start.

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

PostPosted: May 5th, 2016, 1:22 am
by Valnar Nightrunner
Gunzhard wrote:I was looking through the rules of AHQ Terror in the Dark and several things seemed to be straight from the WD quests. Does anyone know what is/isn't overlap with regards to quests, magic, monsters, characters etc... ?

And then which WD quests came out after TitD?

Thanks!


The quest in Terror in the Dark was "The Quest for the Lichemaster" and, in fact, it was a campaign of 5 Quests. The rules in Terror in the Dark "Henchmen", "Treasures" was published in White Dwarf (and maybe spells for Light Wizards too). BUT other quests was only published in White Dwarf after Terror in the Dark, except for "The Troll Slayer Oath", "Priest of Pleasure", "The Quest for Sonneklinge" (but they are NOT in Terror in the Dark). Rules for Jade Wizards was published in a White Dwarf too (but not in Terror in the Dark), and rules for Amethyst Wizards was published with the quest "The Dark Beneath the World". The other quests are : "The Eyes of Chaos", "The (DAMN) Changing Faces of Tzeentch" and "Rivers of Blood".