• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Making the Indigest Digest...

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Re: Making the Indigest Digest...

Postby ken » July 23rd, 2012, 6:54 am

el_flesh wrote:Don't wprry, Ken, yor ahead of the curve.
When I explained e-mail to my grandmother she asked me "Where do you get the stamps?"

How is she with the oven timer? Seriously though, back in the day, I can remember my daughter playing a Heroquest Computor game, I had a look, and this is what I found on Boardgame Geek,
"There was an old Amiga, and later MS-DOS, adaptation of Hero Quest that I recently stumbled across. The game play is very faithful to the boardgame, and even the level setups are the same as in the Quest Book.

For anyone who is interested, the game is now considered abandonware and can be freely downloaded here:

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/hero-quest/

Incidentally, this is a DOS game, so you need to run an emulator like DOSBox (and this is very easy to run, once set up all you have to do is double click the .exe file in the download to run program); it is a free program that you can get from the developer at:

http://www.dosbox.com/"
So, if one wants to spend time playing our wonderful game with computors instead of real people, there you go.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby el_flesh » July 23rd, 2012, 8:51 am

Ya, I found the 3D version made by LurchBrick to be pretty good - although I got an error whenever my character stopped on the cliff - it would continue walking right offscreen. There was also some level that some other error made simply impassable to me, so Lurch gave me the code to pass the level. But it's loads better than the old one - I remember playing it for a very short time on the old Nintendo (Famicom) and being pretty unimpressed. Maybe it's time to revisit.

It's too bad the Vassal version seems so inaccesible to me. There's also an HQ Online program that I haven't been able to try - mebbe we should give it a go sometime...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 29th, 2012, 12:13 am

gravaillon-

Awesome idea! I'm in the middle of another translation project right now. Looking over those cards, they appear to be direct rewrites of the game tables...is that right? If so, you could to this site and download the English version. That should enable you to put your cards into English.

by the way, if you rework your English translation of Kellar's Keep that I helped on, it may generate more enthusiasm for this project as well. :D
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » December 10th, 2012, 11:35 am

I plan to traduce in english and spanish our remaster of heroquest and advanced heroquest.
Just a time question.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » December 12th, 2012, 5:41 pm

That is good news. Looking foward to it. I hope Hero Quest is first on that list!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Drew » September 5th, 2019, 12:40 am

was this ever translated in english?
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 5th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Drew wrote:was this ever translated in english?

I don't know that it ever was. And that's a shame. I missed this thread until now, and looking through the linked French documents, there was a ton of work that went into this and it looks amazing!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby RECIVS » September 10th, 2019, 6:29 pm

gravaillon wrote:Advanced Heroquest is a wonderful game system... All fan have dreamed about a level up system for HQ, a solo mode, a lot of treasures, many monsters...etc... And Advanced Heroquest have all of those things !

Indeed it does!

gravaillon wrote:But the system is very unpleasant :
- no cards
- Too many dices to roll to generate dungeon, monsters and objects
- A havy rulebook full of hazard tables which take the place of cards decks and special dices...

It's clearly a matter of preference. Cards tend to be more predictable in my opinion, and they also require shuffling to maintain the odds. Personally, I like the D12 system implemented in the original game. I find it hard to believe that handling several decks of cards could be more convenient than rolling a few dice and looking up results on a single sheet of paper (with all the tables on it). If that's the case, I'd be playing WHQ instead :D
RECIVS

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » November 16th, 2020, 6:09 pm

Oh wow this looks amazing, I was thinking song the same lines. How many of each dungeon generation token do you make, one each then reshuffled?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room