• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Re: Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Postby RECIVS » October 19th, 2025, 10:28 am

Neuralstasis wrote:I just checked myself and it seems to be working on all my devices here. Maybe it was down for a bit...

I'm afraid it's still down as of this moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
RECIVS

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 219
Images: 0
Joined: July 18th, 2017, 1:36 am
Location: MTY NL MX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Postby Daedalus » October 19th, 2025, 9:26 pm

The OP link is working for me on my desktop and android. I hope you get better luck soon. It may not be the case for you, but I've gotten a similar message when accessing the Inn because of my VPN. Pausing it cleared up the issue immediately.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5327
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Postby RECIVS » October 19th, 2025, 10:51 pm

No VPN on my end, and it's still down, mobile and desktop. It worked a couple times when it was posted a few weeks ago, though. It worked once on my phone earlier today too.

EDIT: I just managed to download V0.2 on my phone. The PVs seem fine to me at first glance.
User avatar
RECIVS

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 219
Images: 0
Joined: July 18th, 2017, 1:36 am
Location: MTY NL MX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Postby Neuralstasis » April 29th, 2026, 10:45 am

New version released!!
Chaos Dwarfs Monster Book v0.4


https://www.stephenmonteith.com/advanced-heroquest/chaos-dwarfs-in-ahq/

Lots of changes to the document. Not huge changes to the intended rules and stats, mostly adjustments to the wording and flavour texts. Some better quality diagrams have been completed.

It's now almost done, just waiting on finishing some more art and assembling the document into a proper layout. I’m now only looking for error checking and minor changes feedback.
User avatar
Neuralstasis

Orc
Orc
 
Posts: 47
Joined: July 26th, 2023, 11:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Postby Neuralstasis » July 16th, 2026, 10:14 am

Chaos Dwarfs Version 1.0 Released!

My Chaos Dwarfs Monsters Book supplement for AHQ is finished and is now available for Download as a PDF. Thanks very much to everyone who helped me with feedback and suggestions, it was a fun project to work on.

https://www.stephenmonteith.com/advanced-heroquest/chaos-dwarfs-in-ahq/

Not a lot has changed from the previous version, mostly images and layout to make it all look nice.
Image
User avatar
Neuralstasis

Orc
Orc
 
Posts: 47
Joined: July 26th, 2023, 11:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Postby Daedalus » July 16th, 2026, 2:37 pm

Congratulations! You are a Master of Chaos.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5327
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Postby Thanquol » Today, 5:02 am

Neuralstasis, I have had good look through your expanded Chaos Dwarfs in Advanced Heroquest PDF, it's exceptionally well-engineered. I've noticed that you have now implemented, or built upon, several of the structural concepts that I forwarded to you, which has greatly improved the logic and systemic flow of the ruleset. You've also greatly improved upon various other mechanics since your previous pre-release PDF version last year.

The 'Chaos Dwarf Background' section now possesses a far grittier flavour and a deeper level of immersion – you can feel the heat vibes of a fiery forge. The Curse of Stone is explained with excellent depth; the detail regarding the petrification starting from the Sorcerer's feet, slowly and painfully turning their living tissue into solid, unyielding stone, is a magnificent narrative touch.

Removing the standard Dwarf racial Intelligence test restriction that classic AHQ Dwarf Wizards are typically shackled with was a sensible design decision. Under the official rules, every single time a Dwarf casts a spell, they must take an Intelligence test or the spell fails and the components are entirely wasted. Eliminating this bottleneck for your custom spellcasters prevents the Gamemaster's deployment phase from stalling, which fits the brutal theme of the Uzkul-Dhrath-Zharr perfectly.

Your original artwork is, without question, professional-grade material crafted by someone with genuine game art experience. The Chaos Dwarf warrior on the supplement's cover is an absolute masterpiece, capturing the classic, gritty Games Workshop design aesthetic perfectly. The linework is bold and deeply confident, the shading and metallic reflections are beautifully balanced, and the eyes possess a striking, malevolent shine. The heavy rivulets of the braided beard flow naturally, the iconic "Big Hat" balances flawlessly with the head, and the proportions and angles of the heavy axe are anatomically correct. That is certainly the work of an expert. A labour of love.

Neuralstasis, if you do not mind me asking, how many hours did it take you to complete that hand-drawn Dwarf illustration? Would I be correct in guessing it took upwards of five hours to finalise?

Overall, you have added some superb spit and polish to both the rules structure and the visual layout, expanding the framework exactly where necessary. The supplement is an absolute gem. I shall likely send you a few minor technical design notes via a message at a later date.

Sarcasm: Why is that not a portrait of the great renowned Grey Seer Thanquol, worthy of Seerlord, the most brilliant mind in all Skavendom, on the cover of the unholy tome! Filthy dung-brain cinder-lickers! Amateur tinker-dabblers in magic...

I am the chosen representative of their malevolent majesties, the Lords of Decay, the Council of Thirteen of holy Skavenblight and the living claws of his most vengeful divinity the Horned Rat! I am the eyes, nose, and ears of Skavenblight. I am their judge and their dagger!

The Council of Thirteen do not deserve me, no-no. Leave all the thinking to me alone fool meats! Boneripper has great savagery at my command, yes-yes. Boneripper! Bludgeon – rip-tear rip-tear the tall hat-thing pretenders. All shall tremble in fear when they speak-squeak or see-hear the mighty name Thanquol!
/Sarcasm
Thanquol

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 52
Joined: February 22nd, 2025, 9:59 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Chaos Dwarfs in AHQ

Postby RECIVS » Today, 5:27 pm

I somehow missed this. I totally agree with the previous post. Excellent work, Stephen!

You know I’m more of a game mechanics (and in-game results) guy myself, which explains my observations in this thread, but I can appreciate good art and theme when I see it. As I posted in the other thread recently, I wish I had your art skills!
User avatar
RECIVS

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 219
Images: 0
Joined: July 18th, 2017, 1:36 am
Location: MTY NL MX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest