• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Genie Spell

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Genie Spell

Postby Malcadon » March 9th, 2023, 2:43 am

I was kickin' back with some Heroic Brew and think about how OP the Genie spells is, and I had the idea to change the seldom use "open any door" effect and thought about changing it to remove a trap that was triggered, like the Pit Trap or Falling Block, but then things snowballed from there...

In the end, I came up with this powerful spell:

Genie
This spells conjurers a genie who will grant a wish: You can add, move or remove one common element (Door, Secret Door, Pit Trap tile, Falling Block tile, any furniture, or basic monster) from the game board, with the limit of what is available, nor could it add or remove area from a room, corridor or solid stone. Cannot effect exits/entrances, room overlays, special monsters, special hazards or other heroes. Zargon has the final say.

Yeah, its a little long, and much of that should be rulebook amendment material.

So, what do you guys think?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Genie Spell

Postby burglekutt » April 27th, 2023, 7:35 pm

Mentioning the things Genie can't do confuses me. I like your ideas of the spell doing multiple things though.
burglekutt

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Rules