• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Tournament HeroQuest (Concept)

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Tournament HeroQuest (Concept)

Postby Kurgan » September 8th, 2021, 11:36 am

So this was inspired by a dream I had, so probably half baked. I'm not hoping that Hasbro takes up something like this and potentially limits what editions can be used (as has happened with some other popular games), BUT all that said it might be worth some ideas.

It is competitive: hero vs. hero. "Zargon" is basically just a glorified referee walking around in the background. Players are sitting head to head at tables (with either two smaller boards or two regular size boards placed side by side I couldn't quite tell).

The rooms are covered with tall metal covers (a bit like waiters use for room service; some rooms can still be empty) so you can't see what if anything is already setup underneath. Each player tries to get their hero to accomplish the quest objective before the other. They are able to cross over and steal the other person's goal or defeat them in combat.

Unclear if killing the other hero wins the quest or if that Hero restarts somewhere else (the latter might be better otherwise it would just be a deathmatch every time).

Not sure if there is a timer for moves (like a chess clock), but probably.

Who goes first? Probably an initiative roll based on red die at the start (of each round or just at the beginning?). I think I asked one of the "observers" and they mentioned this was the case.

There were lots of people milling around. Spectators or workers? Obviously would have to be watched carefully to prevent cheating since neither player knows the layout of the quest and we wouldn't want a confederate slipping them info.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return to Rules