Page 1 of 1

Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

PostPosted: June 19th, 2015, 1:36 pm
by GimmeYerGold
I know there are varying opinions on the idea of monsters dropping gold, but here's a table I can up with for fun.

FYI: All my regular monsters have no more than 3 body points. When a hero kills a monster roll 1 red die for each of the monster's starting body points. That is the gold coin value of the loot drop. Then roll one red die again to determine the mundane object drop. It is all for flavor, but can give the hero a chance to role play with props. Image

Re: Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

PostPosted: June 19th, 2015, 6:50 pm
by Diggin
Incidentally i was working on extra loot cards today, because i need the players to get extra gold during quests. the idea is, all monsters drop gold, but sometimes a kill was so special (a boss, or an amazing fight) the player can draw one of the kill rewardcards. Maybe i should post them somewhere...

i think i like your idea of rolling dice depending on hitpoints , but the whole reason we are dropping experience system is the amount of writing it takes during play.
Would you just have a big ugly sheet o paper and write down 12gold+ 7gold+ 16gold + 3gold? Or do you have a better idea for that?

(p.s. most of those items are lame, but i would kill a horde of dragons for that Toy Ogre)

Re: Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

PostPosted: June 19th, 2015, 7:51 pm
by mako-heart
I don't think the items are lame at all i love the idea of one of my heros with a obsidian mask or stone abucus. Love it , and will defently use it . players want drops, no matter what. killing it gimmie!

Re: Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

PostPosted: June 19th, 2015, 7:59 pm
by clmckay
I like it as well.

Would probably limit to a few times per quest, rather than all monsters.

Then in some random encounter I'd have a random dude looking for a __________ from the table above, and give the Heroes a reward of some type when they return it.

Re: Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

PostPosted: June 20th, 2015, 3:21 am
by Diggin
Now that's funny!

if you do a roll like that after each quest, then players hang on to all the crazy stuff they find, just in case somebody needs it. I can see them dragging those tapestries already.. instead of company of Heroes, we're just a bunch of guys looting a Wizard's mansion.

Re: Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

PostPosted: June 20th, 2015, 7:52 am
by clmckay
Haha, yeah perhaps I should've expounded on that.

I like encounters and have my guys travel around a large over world. Sometimes in a town setting ill have a random dude, secondary to whatever the goal is, who has a minor something he needs or wants the heros to do.

Could limit them to some number and offer a small gold value or selling the items.