Page 1 of 1

House rule: Sneaky monsters.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2012, 8:54 pm
by cynthialee
If a Hero has thier back to an enemy they have not previously seen I figure the monster should have a chance to sneak up on the Hero.

So I propose the Hero roll 1 combat dice for each point of Mind, if a black shield is rolled the Hero hears/senses the monsters approach. If no black shield is rolled no chance at defence is possible as the monster takes the free unoppossed hit.

{Of course we must imediatly consider that the Barbarian has a weakness here that is perhaps undeserved. Due to the Barbarians upbringing in the wilds it should be almost impossible to sneak up on the Barbarian. Thus we might rule that the Barbarian rolls 2 movement dice in this situation and is only surprised on a roll of snake eyes.}

Re: House rule: Sneaky monsters.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2012, 9:47 pm
by Von Necron
well you adressed the obvious, and I like the idea.

Re: House rule: Sneaky monsters.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 9:04 am
by el_flesh
super cool.
Ninja has been sneaking all over the place in our games - yet the monsters seem to have no specialist with similar skills.
Maybe I should tell Beernut about this one...