Page 1 of 1

Awakening of a Death Knight

PostPosted: August 26th, 2023, 12:24 am
by Mortanius
Growing up and playing the original Hero Quest and AD&D, one of my favorite settings was Dargonlance.
One character that always intrigued me was Lord Soth, the, as far as I'm aware, first ever Death Knight.
I was considering a way to bring this character over as the main bad guy in a possible quest pack, but then I had an idea.
The players rescue Sir Ragnar early in the main system quests, then he's really heard of again.
What if the torture and trauma he experienced before the heroes rescued him left far deeper scars than what anyone could expect
My plan is to make a quest pack with a minimum of 12 quests.
Quests 1 -6 will be the heroes approached by Sir Ragnar and asked to retrieve something or go after a specific target
Quests 7-9 will be a heroes captured and need to escape series of linked quests.
Quests 10-12+ will be the big twist and battle the final boss.
Everything is in my head right now and I will start work on actual writing and quest mapping within the next couple days.

Re: Awakening of a Death Knight

PostPosted: August 26th, 2023, 2:42 am
by Chwat
looking forwards to hearing updates and will you be play testing each scenario?

Re: Awakening of a Death Knight

PostPosted: August 26th, 2023, 4:41 am
by The Admiral
Sounds great. I'm always on the lookout for new questpacks.
Personally, I am not a big fan of 'escape' quests, but It really depends on how they are done. If not done properly, an experienced party of Heroes, bereft of all their Artefacts, equipment, potions, spells etc. can be easily wiped out. It sounds fun, but I have found that in reality, it's not.
If you need any playtesting done, I would usually be up for that.

Re: Awakening of a Death Knight

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2023, 9:55 pm
by Mortanius
Sorry for not posting anything else, so far. I was down sick for the week.

Here's a rough idea of what I had in mind for the Deathknight

Deathknight:
These once loyal knights of the empire have forsaken their sacred oaths of knighthood. The dread energies that now twist and feed their very souls.
Though most would consider death to be a fitting end to such a tragic character, for the Deathknight, death itself is the beginning.

I'm currently working on a potential character creation system for unique deathknights.
I'll post it when I have a complete draft.