• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Awakening of a Death Knight

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Awakening of a Death Knight

Postby Mortanius » August 26th, 2023, 12:24 am

Growing up and playing the original Hero Quest and AD&D, one of my favorite settings was Dargonlance.
One character that always intrigued me was Lord Soth, the, as far as I'm aware, first ever Death Knight.
I was considering a way to bring this character over as the main bad guy in a possible quest pack, but then I had an idea.
The players rescue Sir Ragnar early in the main system quests, then he's really heard of again.
What if the torture and trauma he experienced before the heroes rescued him left far deeper scars than what anyone could expect
My plan is to make a quest pack with a minimum of 12 quests.
Quests 1 -6 will be the heroes approached by Sir Ragnar and asked to retrieve something or go after a specific target
Quests 7-9 will be a heroes captured and need to escape series of linked quests.
Quests 10-12+ will be the big twist and battle the final boss.
Everything is in my head right now and I will start work on actual writing and quest mapping within the next couple days.
Mortanius

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Awakening of a Death Knight

Postby Chwat » August 26th, 2023, 2:42 am

looking forwards to hearing updates and will you be play testing each scenario?
:skull: I am not affiliated to the EBAY shop below, but they sell Cracking proxies and more. :skull:
:whiteshield: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/miniaturesbo ... 492.l74602 :whiteshield:
Chwat

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby The Admiral » August 26th, 2023, 4:41 am

Sounds great. I'm always on the lookout for new questpacks.
Personally, I am not a big fan of 'escape' quests, but It really depends on how they are done. If not done properly, an experienced party of Heroes, bereft of all their Artefacts, equipment, potions, spells etc. can be easily wiped out. It sounds fun, but I have found that in reality, it's not.
If you need any playtesting done, I would usually be up for that.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Mortanius » September 2nd, 2023, 9:55 pm

Sorry for not posting anything else, so far. I was down sick for the week.

Here's a rough idea of what I had in mind for the Deathknight

Deathknight:
These once loyal knights of the empire have forsaken their sacred oaths of knighthood. The dread energies that now twist and feed their very souls.
Though most would consider death to be a fitting end to such a tragic character, for the Deathknight, death itself is the beginning.

I'm currently working on a potential character creation system for unique deathknights.
I'll post it when I have a complete draft.
Mortanius

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Return to Quests and Quest Packs