• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return of the Witch Lord Questbook in Greek

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Return of the Witch Lord Questbook in Greek

Postby Kurgan » Saturday November 28th, 2020 4:32am

I see you have a few neat new Equipment Cards (dagger and longsword I recognize and I see the sling.. but what is the new coat? is that the cloak of protection?)

Also what are your Home rules?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Chronicol » Saturday November 28th, 2020 6:50am

Kurgan wrote:I see you have a few neat new Equipment Cards (dagger and longsword I recognize and I see the sling.. but what is the new coat? is that the cloak of protection?)

Also what are your Home rules?

I completely removed Cloak of Protection, as Wizard's Coat is soon to be find in early missions. If you mean the Αλυσιδωτός Θώρακας card, this is the chain mail.

Most of my home rules are copied ideas. Don't have time to translate all these. Here are some quick points:
1. Treasure cards are divided in good, nothing and bad cards. Heroes roll 1 combat die, with skull they find good stuff, with white shield nothing, with black shield bad stuff.
2. Heroes are knocked down, not killed. With Elixir of Life they revive, otherwise they are "teleported" by Mentor to safety (village), but without their stuff, which must be collected from other Heroes.
3. Encumbrance: Big tiles weight 1, small tiles weight 1/5, armour weight their defence value (f.e. Chain mail weight 2, Plate mail weight 3), but Borin's armour weight -2 (1 total). We add all stuff for total encumbrance, ignore the decimal part. If total encumbrance is equal or less of starting Body then movement is normal, above that and until double Body, movement is 1 die.
Chronicol

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Kurgan » Sunday November 29th, 2020 2:56pm

Thanks. I see a third "coat" type item in the cards. The chain mail is the one being worn, the Plate Mail is leaning against a wall. What is the new drawing? It appears to be quilted, Gambeson, perhaps?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Chronicol » Sunday November 29th, 2020 5:35pm

I thought you were talking about the tiles, not the cards, sorry.

I think you mean the leather armour. This isn't a new drawing, i copied it from Slev (Revised Edition). I take many ideas from his edition, the official US/EU editions and other stuff, but most importantly from my personal experience by playing with my kids... Their mind have gone crazy with all these stuff and I love doing it! Now, except from my quests translating job, I'm thinking about leveling heroes somehow..
Chronicol

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Kurgan » Friday December 4th, 2020 7:01pm

Ah leather armor. I couldn't bring myself to use it in my own game (other than assuming it comes with the Alchemist's cloak, a non-magic variant of the Wizard's Cloak). But how to make it different from the other types of "armor" already in the game, so...

I'm curious... what are its abilities in your version?

Yes, imagination is great, and then how much fun to share it with an actual gaming group (whether family or friends)!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous