Page 1 of 1
Heroes' Fortress

Posted:
October 10th, 2019, 9:54 am
by The Admiral
Playing through this and just got to Quest 3. I noticed there is a Chaos Mage in room C, but no notes to go with him. I checked the original quest as written and it is exactly the same. In the following quest (4), the Heroes encounter a Chaos Mage described as Guzwil's apprentice. Guzwil is a Necromancer and so obviously so is his apprentice, and he is thus appropriately accompanied by some undead with undead spells. The unknown guy in quest 3 is also accompanied by the undead which are only just being encountered for the first time in this quest. I suspect the quest 3 Mage was intended to be the encounter with the apprentice and then this got changed to quest 4 but the icon was never changed or removed. The other option I think possible is that this was meant to be some early encounter with Guzwil; you know where the big boss leers at the Heroes, warns them of their impending death and then laughs as he disappears in a cloud of smoke. Or maybe it was just meant to be a Chaos Warrior icon?
Please vote and I will go with the popular choice.
Re: Heroes' Fortress

Posted:
October 10th, 2019, 12:33 pm
by Anderas
I voted for Guzwil.
Not because I know the quest, I don't know it.
But I love those little storytelling devices, so I voted for it.
Re: Heroes' Fortress

Posted:
October 10th, 2019, 2:21 pm
by Pancho
Could you link to the quest pack? I’ve never heard of it.
Re: Heroes' Fortress

Posted:
October 10th, 2019, 8:25 pm
by j_dean80
I would guess it was a mistake and the Quest was changed.
Re: Heroes' Fortress

Posted:
October 11th, 2019, 12:12 pm
by lestodante
Pancho wrote:Could you link to the quest pack? I’ve never heard of it.
yeah.. link please...
But are you (the admiral) preparing your own quest (for your brother's team) and lost memories so you opened this poll?

Re: Heroes' Fortress

Posted:
October 14th, 2019, 4:02 am
by The Admiral
Don't know how to do links so I've moved the thread, "Archived Quests" to the top of the "Quests and Questpacks" page. The quest is in there. I originally went for the early apparition of Guzwil, because I too like these little extras, but I have since discovered that he has one of these 'appearances' later on in quest 8, and it is a nicely detailed encounter, so I think I will now just remove the Mage entirely when I play for real with my brother,
Re: Heroes' Fortress

Posted:
October 14th, 2019, 4:54 pm
by lestodante