Page 1 of 3

Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 5:37 pm
by joec
Okay folks.

I've taken some time from my "alternate questbook" project to do a bit more work on an original questbook.

I'll probably change some names, and I have a bit of graphic work to do, and layout work.... but I have this questbook for testing. Unfortunately, my players aren't advanced enough for it, as they're halfway through the first book, and I intend for them to run through this after Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord.

Anyone want to give it a lookover?

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 10:08 pm
by mo123813
That's really cool!
To use adobe, do you have to buy it?

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 10:37 pm
by joec
I used openoffice. I created the book in their writer program, and they have a save as PDF option.

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 11:48 pm
by mo123813
Oooh! I'll see about that

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 6th, 2010, 12:29 am
by Phoenix
Adobe Reader is a FREE download. Which costs nothing and takes up a small amount of space on your computer AND is perfect for VIEWING PDF files (and quite frankly is becoming quite the standard program; most new computers come with it pre-installed).

Adobe Acrobat is the (primary) program that you need to MAKE PDF files and is a little expensive. Open Office and a couple other programs out there can export as a pdf, but in my book, nothing beats Adobe.

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 6th, 2010, 6:50 am
by el_flesh
Ya, and keeps trying to update itself at inopportune times, like in the middle of a game, minimizing you to the desktop.

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 16th, 2010, 12:42 pm
by joec
And a note: always make sure your Adobe Reader is up to date. A lot of virii have found exploits in it. There IS a reason they update the software, kids.

But to get back on topic: Does anyone have any feedback for what I've done so far on this questbook?

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 7:20 pm
by Ryno
I love this questbook, the story and the use of tiles from expansions are especially appealing.

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 10:43 pm
by joec
Thanks Ryno. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. I'm looking to get it refined so that once my players have played Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord, that they might be able to tackle Lord Bastian.

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

PostPosted: August 16th, 2011, 10:38 am
by joec
I thought I'd bump this one since I'm getting closer to having a gaming group again, and getting back to the HQ urges. (Sorry I've been sparse.)