Page 1 of 4

Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2018, 8:54 pm
by phoenixcinder
I am running a print of all the expansion set quest books at my local print shop. Been prepping all the files with bleed etc to print them at their normal size 9x6 inches and saddle stitched like the originals. Someone here mentioned I should post the fact I am doing this to see if anyone wants in on this print run.

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 24th, 2018, 7:05 am
by lestodante
Maybe you can post some pics to see the final result of your printing

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 24th, 2018, 8:24 am
by Fallensaviour
How much per book or how much bundled and which expansions exactly?
Sounds pretty awesome I’m sure people would be interested.

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 24th, 2018, 11:07 am
by Spectre
You got my attention.

Which books?
Just certain ones?
All of them?
How much?
When will the printing take place?
How and where can I order?

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 24th, 2018, 12:41 pm
by aaronAGN
I'm definitely interested in getting reproductions of the quest books

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 24th, 2018, 1:12 pm
by phoenixcinder
Spectre wrote:You got my attention.

Which books?
Just certain ones?
All of them?
How much?
When will the printing take place?
How and where can I order?




Which books. All of the expansion Pack books
Against the Ogre Horde
Barbarian Quest The Frozen Horror
Kellars Keep
Mage of the Mirror
Return of the Witch Lord
Wizards of Zargon



How Much?
The printer quoted me around $9-10 each. Then there will be the issue of mailing them out once they are done.



When will the printing take place?
Unknown yet, will depend on the feedback of this post.
The files are pretty much specked and ready. I am still waiting for one of my 2 ebay orders to arrive so I can take the witch lord book and match the paper type. So that may fluctuate the cost per book a bit as I had to pick a random paper type for their current quote. I plan on getting a few sheets test printed before making complete books as well.



How and where can I order?
Unknown. I just got slammed for a $1200 car repair bill so if a bunch of people here are wanting prints I may not be able to pony up the cost for all the prints.



Note also to keep costs down All of the books will be printed as 36 page booklets so they can be done on the same run (not including Wizards of Zargon as its only 24 pages.) So the few booklets that are 32 pages will have 4 blank pages at the back you can use to make notes etc if you want.

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 25th, 2018, 12:04 am
by phoenixcinder
lestodante wrote:Maybe you can post some pics to see the final result of your printing



When they are done I will yes. But note I am only doing one run of these

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 29th, 2018, 11:18 pm
by phoenixcinder
lestodante wrote:Maybe you can post some pics to see the final result of your printing


Proof came in today here are side by side comparisons. Left being the print, right being the real booklet. I can start printing these by next week.

Image

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 29th, 2018, 11:20 pm
by aaronAGN
I would absolutely LOVE to get prints like those for:
Frozen Horror
Mage in the Mirror
Wizards of Zargon
Against the Ogre Horde

Re: Quest book print off

PostPosted: March 29th, 2018, 11:28 pm
by phoenixcinder
aaronAGN wrote:I would absolutely LOVE to get prints like those for:
Frozen Horror
Mage in the Mirror
Wizards of Zargon
Against the Ogre Horde


Done
So far the print cue is 2 full sets of all 6 expansion books plus the 4 you just mentioned.

Note to anyone interested and wants in I will be doing one print run, and one only. Each quest book will be costing me $9-10 to get produced then I will have to ship it to you.