Page 1 of 1

[Quest Pack] [3 Quests] - THE SILENT HOST

PostPosted: August 30th, 2017, 6:55 am
by knightkrawler
This quest pack is based on some quests from Return of the Witch-Lord,
being also more back to basic and a straightforward adaptation.
It uses the double-corridor gameboard, but replacing it by the regular one is not a problem at all.

[Additional components needed: 1 Ghost, 4-7 Ghouls, 3 Mongrels, 4-5 Reavers, +2 Skeletons, 1 Taur, 6 Wights
2 closed and 5 open double-doors (from Ye Olde Inn or CotE), +7 double blocked stone tiles (also from MotM), 1 fireburst trap tile (from WoM or H&V), iron entrance and wooden exit doors (from FH, KK, MotM, or RotWL), +6 pit trap tiles (also from AtOH, KK, MotM, or RotWL), throne room tile (from H&V or RotWL), +1 tomb
Artefact Cards: 2 Antidote Quills (from from H&V and H&V)
Scroll Cards (from H&V)
Witchery Spell Cards: Intimidation, Mindblast, Possession, Restore Life, Vengeful Ghost (from H&V)

This Quest Pack is intended to be played with knightkrawler's HQ - Heroes and Villains rules set and a 40-mm gameboard (from H&V.) Check the link in the signature below. A standard board could instead be used with some simple adjustment of the furniture and corridor tiles. -edit]

Re: [Quest Pack] [4 Quests] THE SILENT HOST

PostPosted: August 30th, 2017, 7:29 am
by Gold Bearer
Holy crap you're a witch lord! That's appropriate.

Re: [Quest Pack] [4 Quests] THE SILENT HOST

PostPosted: August 30th, 2017, 8:02 am
by knightkrawler
That's why I chose today to upload this. 5,000 posts to go and I'm Morcar McZargon, I guess.

Re: [Quest Pack] [4 Quests] THE SILENT HOST

PostPosted: August 30th, 2017, 10:22 am
by Gold Bearer
It's not clear whether it's three separate quests where the can buy stuff in between or more like one big quest, unless I missed it. From the intros it sounds like it's one big place so I guess they can't but it would be clearer if that was stated.

Re: [Quest Pack] [4 Quests] THE SILENT HOST

PostPosted: August 30th, 2017, 10:27 am
by knightkrawler
Gold Bearer wrote:It's not clear whether it's three separate quests where the can buy stuff in between or more like one big quest, unless I missed it. From the intros it sounds like it's one big place so I guess they can't but it would be clearer if that was stated.


Yes, that's true, thanks.
Updated the PDF.

Re: [Quest Pack] [3 Quests] THE SILENT HOST

PostPosted: September 9th, 2017, 4:03 pm
by Daedalus
Kwestions and Komments:

Quest 1: Does each group of Skeletons, Wights, Reavers, any Ghouls have a maximum number available? If not, Zargon is free to always choose the most powerful villain.
Quest 2: About the Ghost that follows a Hero: should it be represented on the gameboard by a figure or a tile? The death mist tile from RotWL comes to mind.
Does a nethermancer have its own figure, or should the Chaos Sorcerer be used for Fenrex? [Answered in another thread: use a special figure or the Chaos Sorcerer. -edit]
Quest 3: Does Skullmar Melmothra have his own figure, or should the Chaos Sorcerer be used? [Answered in another thread: use a special figure or the Chaos Sorcerer. -edit]
I imagine the throne moves to the side when the secret door is found.

As usual, I added some links and stuff to the OP.