Page 1 of 1

[Group Quest] - Plague of Zombies (HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 20th, 2017, 10:14 am
by knightkrawler
This is my revision of "Plague of Zombies" based on the "slightly changed" version by Slev and Phoenix,
for HQ - Heroes & Villains.

Admins, please make subsubforum for "Plague of Zombies" here: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewforum.php?f=17
and push this thread there. Thanks!

[Additional components needed: 6 Fenwights, 3 Mongrels, 2 Reavers,
1 closed and 1 open double-door (from Ye Olde Inn or Champion of the Empire), 2 coffins (from CotE or RotWL), 1 iron entrance and 1 wooden exit door (from KK or MotM)
40 mm gameboard (from Heroes&Villains)
Equipment Card: Sacred Water (from H&V)
2nd Search Card: Sacred Water (from H&V)
Witchery Spell Cards: Bone Warriors, Raise the Dead, Summon Reaver, Summon Undead (from H&V)

This Quest is intended to be played with knightkrawler's HQ - Heroes and Villains rules set. Check the link in the signature below. A standard board could instead be used with some simple adjustment of the furniture. -edit]

Re: Plague of Zombies (revision for HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 20th, 2017, 12:51 pm
by j_dean80
knightkrawler wrote:This is my revision of "Plague of Zombies" based on the "slightly changed" version by Slev and Phoenix,
for HQ - Heroes & Villains.

Admins, please make subsubforum for "Plague of Zombies" here: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewforum.php?f=17
and push this thread there. Thanks!


"Slightly altered" by & and Phoenix....needs corrected unless Slev prefers to be called a symbol similar to Prince.

Re: Plague of Zombies (revision for HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 20th, 2017, 1:44 pm
by knightkrawler
j_dean80 wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:This is my revision of "Plague of Zombies" based on the "slightly changed" version by Slev and Phoenix,
for HQ - Heroes & Villains.

Admins, please make subsubforum for "Plague of Zombies" here: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewforum.php?f=17
and push this thread there. Thanks!


"Slightly altered" by & and Phoenix....needs corrected unless Slev prefers to be called a symbol similar to Prince.


Thanks for that catch!
Wouldn't wanna call Slev Ampersand. Who is indeed a member here. Hey, &, long time no see, mate!

Re: Plague of Zombies (revision for HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 10:30 am
by Gold Bearer
So the EWP can place the monsters wherever in your system, that could get tedious for the players if the EWP is playing to win.

Just a minor thing, in the intro saying trivial twice in the same sentence doesn't sound right, I'd change the first one to simple.

Why the shrunken furniture? Oh, bigger board?

Re: Plague of Zombies (revision for HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 11:06 am
by Anderas
I parsed the shortest way through the quest - 77 fields to go, 11 turns just movement plus fighting on top. That's quite filling the evening. Is that intentional?
A wight, could you help me please? Is it a Zombie, a little bit stronger?

I like the way you separate the group. If they all go the logical way to find each other, the teleported hero will have to fight the end monster alone or flee fast-footed. :lol:

Re: Plague of Zombies (revision for HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 3:40 pm
by knightkrawler
Gold Bearer wrote:So the EWP can place the monsters wherever in your system, that could get tedious for the players if the EWP is playing to win.


I'll see over playing a lot of quests if this is indeed a problem.

Gold Bearer wrote:Just a minor thing, in the intro saying trivial twice in the same sentence doesn't sound right, I'd change the first one to simple.


Will change that, thanks.

Gold Bearer wrote:Why the shrunken furniture? Oh, bigger board?


Yes, 40 mm squares.

Anderas wrote:I parsed the shortest way through the quest - 77 fields to go, 11 turns just movement plus fighting on top. That's quite filling the evening. Is that intentional?
A wight, could you help me please? Is it a Zombie, a little bit stronger?


Evening filling is not a problem, it will be a stand-alone quest. Also, I found the original quests very interesting, so I didn't wanna change too much.
It's supposed to be a hack-and-slash quest where the zombies will probably approach in ebbs and flows.
A Wight is a Zombie, fair and square. I just don't like these loanwords from too many languages in the real world. It's ... lazy ... to just take them all into a fantasy world.
You're not gonna see a Chimera, Cerberus, Hydra in my game if there's no language on the background world that is very similar to Greek.
The ubiquitous language on ArĂ­a is, for all intents and purposes, American English, the other dominant languages lean towards other Germanic and some Romanic languages,
simply because I can serve some plausibility for that and have some layman knowledge of them.

Anderas wrote:I like the way you separate the group. If they all go the logical way to find each other, the teleported hero will have to fight the end monster alone or flee fast-footed. :lol:


I have to explain that my teleport traps work differently. A leads to A, but only once. B leads to B, but only once.
That means , in this quest, a second hero could activel look for that second trap to help the first one out. I'll see how they will play that, if they need a hint or something...
I must change the quest notes to say that only the two traps in the southwestern quadrant can be triggered, the others are merely the destination.
Maybe different icons...

Re: Plague of Zombies (revision for HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 5:07 pm
by j_dean80
A to AA, B to BB would be simple and clear.

Re: Plague of Zombies (revision for HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 12:47 am
by Anderas
A second teleport trap?
I see only the one that leads from the empty chest to room I.
Did you forget one?

Re: Plague of Zombies (revision for HQ-HEROES & VILLAINS)

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 2:58 am
by knightkrawler
Anderas wrote:A second teleport trap?
I see only the one that leads from the empty chest to room I.
Did you forget one?


Geez, I mixed that up with the quest I've been writing right now.
Sorry 'bout that one.