Page 1 of 2

Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 3:54 pm
by benvoliothefirst
Hey Folks,

I reached out to Mathieu Pascal, creator of Mound of the Beastmen, because I hadn't yet seen anything about an eventual followup. He shared more than I could've asked for, and gave me permission to share it with the community, so here it is!

Subject: Re: Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen?

Hello Ben,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed my quest pack.

I am pleased to announce you that a second part of this trilogy is expected. And one more good news : a lot of this new expansion is already done.

Mostly, the art is missing but I have already done some art for artefacts and monster cards, also new icons for quest maps. All the quests design is done (each quest will have an original gameplay), as well as the story.

There will be also brand new features that will add some variations in the gameplay, while keeping the heroquest mantra "easy to learn" in mind.

About the story, I can't reveal too much but the second expansion will take place directly after the end of the Mound of the Beastmen. Before dying, Sir Vardion reveals to the heroes that, while corrupted by the Black Stone, he saw a little town where a sanctuary could be hidden, a sanctuary where the black stone tried to bring him to... In order to understand the meaning of the powerful Black Stone, the heroes begin their journey to the little town... as well as Morcar, still magically connected to Sir Vardion. There, they will maybe find the secret of this Black Stone... But who first ?

I am really excited to reveal my new work. It is not ready yet, as the art is very long to produce alone, but I am confident I should be able to release it before the end of the year.

Thank you again for your interest, Ben !

Bests,
Mathieu

PS : a little sneak peak of what is going on in this second expansion pack. Will you be able to guess which are these creatures ? :)

Image

Image

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 4:37 pm
by The Admiral
Excellent news! I really enjoyed the first part.

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 4:59 pm
by knightkrawler
but no images to be seen...

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 3:22 pm
by benvoliothefirst
Still working out how to post the image, let me know if you can see it now!

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 4:49 pm
by knightkrawler
Nope. There's a big white Minus in a grey circle
and below that icon for a broken picture.
I don't know what's been going on since the photobucket debacle. Services and picture posting that have nothing to do with photobucket haven't been working properly...
There's something going on.

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 7:13 am
by Gold Bearer
I'm not seeing them either. I get a white cross in a black square in a white rectangle and 'Image' written after it.

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 2:26 pm
by Spookyhappyfun
Any news on this front?

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 12:40 pm
by benvoliothefirst
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CKwSQWadxyN9maEx1

Let's try this link to the image in question! Let me know if anyone can see it now through the link. I haven't heard any further news from Mathieu.

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 1:04 pm
by TMU
benvoliothefirst wrote:https://photos.app.goo.gl/CKwSQWadxyN9maEx1

Let's try this link to the image in question! Let me know if anyone can see it now through the link. I haven't heard any further news from Mathieu.

This works yes!

Re: Upcoming Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen!

PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 1:21 pm
by Pancho
I'm guessing a Nurgle/disease/corruption/chaos sort of theme?
That would be really cool if the tiles and quests are as well done as the first pack.