Page 1 of 3

[Group Quest] - Village of Chaos

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 7:36 am
by MadMickyG
Finished it. Had to relearn Heroscribe, but its finished.

This quest is designed using two sets of the basic HQ game. I was one CW short as he is now a Centaur. Otherwise, two full sets will cover it.
You will need my version of the Chaos Fury (follow steps from first post here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2885 )

Here is the card:
Image

and the ability:

Image

And the quest:

Image

Looking forward to your zombie version StratosVX

EDITED: Quest updated, with a few changes to fit all the information in.

EDITED AGAIN: update again. Spaced it so its fits on the page. Not sure about the printout though.

[ Additional components needed: 4 Chaos Archers (optional), 1 Chaos Fury, +2 Chaos Warriors, +2 Bookcases, +1 Cupboard, +2 Tables, +1 Weapons Rack -edit]

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 12:13 pm
by StratosVX
Sweet! Also, that must have been someone else that was going to do a zombie version. Not sure who though.

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 1:00 pm
by The Admiral
A few things I don't understand?

1) Note A - what does this note mean?
2) Note B - Is this the player's choice or is it random?
3) Note G - What happens if the Orc reaches room G?
4) Note H - Where are the 3 villagers referred to?

Suggestion - In room F, I like the idea of the drunken monsters gaining a +1 att die for alcohol fuelled bravado, but I think they should maybe also get -1 def for a lack of coordination?

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 1:47 pm
by cynthialee
The Admiral wrote:A few things I don't understand?

1) Note A - what does this note mean?
2) Note B - Is this the player's choice or is it random?
3) Note G - What happens if the Orc reaches room G?
4) Note H - Where are the 3 villagers referred to?

Suggestion - In room F, I like the idea of the drunken monsters gaining a +1 att die for alcohol fuelled bravado, but I think they should maybe also get -1 def for a lack of coordination?


Agree 100%

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 5:21 pm
by MadMickyG
Admiral,

I have a large piece of cardboard that has been sectioned in to squares. See here Admiral viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2842
I painted it green so it became a massive outdoor area. My kids and I have undertaken a massive army battle against Zargons forces on it.

I placed the HQ board on this outdoor area to signify the main walled section of a village. Not a normal village setup, but suited the quest. The idea behind the Chaos Archers was that we had t kill them first so we could enter the village, or scale the wall so someone could open the gates from within. Only possible due to the outdoor area. If you dont have an outdoor area, just leave them out, or even just have them standing normally.

If one of the Orcs reaches the main room, then the process of the Chaos Sorcerer converting the villagers starts, players just dont see it. The EWP can choose to attack with the Chaos Warrior and both Orcs, but makes it more interesting if one Orc tries to warn the Chaos Sorcerer.

I didnt place any actual villagers in the room as they would be considered non-combatant. Feel free to use any figures you like.

And I did think of the -1, just forgot to add it in. I will adjust it tonight and repost the quest. Thanks for the reminder. :)

StratosVX wrote:Goldbearer, would you please stop with the rage posts? They add absolutely nothing to the conversation. Just like the fight with El Flesh, I'm sure nobody on here wants to read them.

Mad Micky G, I definitely want to see that Village of Chaos quest when you're done with it. Keep us posted on it.


But you were right StratosVX, it was Gold Bearer that said it.

Gold Bearer wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:redirect that energy to try making something decent of your own?
Anderas has done that quite often.
He's tried to.

MadMickyG wrote:And I will get my Village of Chaos done eventually. Chaos Sorcerers turning villagers to Chaos Warriors to build their army. Save the villagers before they are all turned and get overrun my Chaos Warriors!
Ooh, that sounds fun. I might steal that for a zombie quest. :)


Go for it Goldy. Just show us all when it's done!

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 7:21 pm
by The Admiral
Thanks for that. Sorry, my second question relates to Note E, not B. i.e. 45 gold coins or a scroll. Is that the players choice as to which, or is it random?

I would love to see a pic of the whole village battle set up with the outsidr area.

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 7:59 pm
by mitchiemasha
*onsters = Monsters.

See note G... 'See note G & H' would explain it better. Otherwise the reader has no way of knowing (for sure) what happens. Also it needs to specify that the Orc is opening that door. Does it reveal the room? As standard rules Monsters can not, the quest notes need to specify the change. For simplicity and space saving of text I'd probably just have it as opening the door, activating the room.

Note A... What chaos Archers. There are non on the map. Aren't those ogres??? i'm not sure.

Also, there are 2 Orcs it would need to specify which 1 or if both can potential run round. You could put the letter right next to the Orc.

I like the idea of adding the +1/-1

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 8:12 pm
by mitchiemasha
You could just make it say note H, not note G.

In note B, 'if the Orc reaches the room, opening the door, see note H'

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 9:10 pm
by StratosVX
mitchiemasha wrote:Note A... What chaos Archers. There are non on the map. Aren't those ogres??? i'm not sure.

I don't see the confusion here - the letters are right next to the archers. The icon used is even the Chaos Archer icon in Heroscribe.

mitchiemasha wrote:Also, there are 2 Orcs it would need to specify which 1 or if both can potential run round. You could put the letter right next to the Orc.

The notes say one of the Orcs will run, why does it need to be specified which one instead of leaving it up to Morcar/Zargon?

Re: Its finally here! Rejoice!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 10:43 pm
by MadMickyG
I changed the Marks, but forgot to change the notes. Oops.

Admiral, here are the images I took. Not exciting without terrain, but I am working on it.

Image

Image

Image

And yes, if the Orc makes it back I should open the room. But the suspense is better when the door isnt opened.
I know this from experience, as that was what I did. After the ORc entered the room, i had 2 CW and 3 Orcs charge out of the room for fun. My son was "WHAAAA!?!?"

Might add that in there as well. Just need to go easy on the CWs. Might have to use other Chaos monsters. Plan is for the Fury to be super buffed if needed.