Page 1 of 1

Here's a Quest that I have no memory of making.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 3:44 am
by chaoticprime
I didn't have to pay rent in August, so I spent that month four inches off the floor. After I went back down to a mere two inches, I found that I had made a complete two-map quest pack for use with Space Crusade (or old 40k) gene-stealers and cyborgs. I was only able to find the instructions for each written by hand on printed-out maps. I'll copy them here. There's no flavor text or anything. I guess I wasn't feeling write. Anyhow, see, even when I'm not developing short-term memories I'm still thinking about you guys. Who else would I have made this for?

ImageImage

Image

Part One - The Cargo Cult
"Go there and figure out stuff."

A - The Orc Shaman cannot cast spells because stuffs been done to him and now he's crazy.
B - The cupboard and bookshelf are bizarre shrines to shiny alien artifacts. Nothing working or useful.
C - The enemy here carries the Power Sword artifact.
D - A paper here gives the code to the hatch located at E. The orc shaman figured out how to open the door, but unleashed the horrible crap from within into his own people.
E - This hatch lifts to reveal the hull of a space-hulk. A code is needed to pass through the hatch. Going through the hatch ends the first part of the quest.

Image

Part Two - Bug Hunt
"Find a way to destroy the space-hulk. Turn their technology against them."
The heroes gotta find some bombs, and then brave aliens and robots to plant them in the circulation system to destroy the life-support systems of the space-hulk, and then get the fraggle out.
Pass through Rock does not work in any of the custom tile rooms.


A - There are four Pomegranate artifacts in the chest (only one card needed). They each must be planted around the map to win the quest. When a hero searches a room marked with an 'X' for traps, treasure, or secret doors, first tell them they see a metal grill on the ground blowing out hot air. Heroes may place one pomegranate within each of these four vents to blow the ship to *lemony goodness*.
B - When the first hero cross to the halfway point, play three soul stealers--one on each of the downward arrows.
C & D - (not marked, bottom and top left-hand rooms) There is supposed to be a death machine in each. The doors with the locked mark will not open until the death machine in the room is destroyed. Also, the death machine only functions if it contacts the floor's electrical grid. It cannot pursue heroes from the room, but it can shoot at them from a distance.
E - (not marked, right-most tiny room w/custom tile) The soul stealer in this room only has 1 BP remaining. Stuck into its back is the artifact Power Axe.

Image
Image

These custom tiles were edited from Space Crusadey things (probably) and appear to be sized for the original game-board.

ImageImageImageImageImage

There you go, Enjoy.

Re: Here's a Quest that I have no memory of making.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 3:47 am
by chaoticprime
I have absolutely no goddamn clue what power totems are.

Re: Here's a Quest that I have no memory of making.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 4:14 am
by chaoticprime
I just found some more stuff that I apparently drew by hand on blank board templates I printed out. They're a bit rough, but they're good enough to run with.

ImageImageImageImage

And I don't know what this is, but apparently I made it.

Image

Re: Here's a Quest that I have no memory of making.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 6:08 pm
by mitchiemasha
You might want to watch the medication, lol!!!

Re: Here's a Quest that I have no memory of making.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 9:54 pm
by mako-heart
Thanks for sharing these gems!! I love the future twist, Dude power totems is a solid concept. :D I am running Quests now C.P. every other saturday and I'm really running out of Fresh ideas thanks for the Ideas Good to Hear from you again. I do alot of by-hand quest making and cutting. I was hoping that somebody could make a new adventures design kit "monster/men-at-arms icons" sticker sheet.Soild work here keep posting bro!! ;)

Re: Here's a Quest that I have no memory of making.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 11:34 pm
by chaoticprime
mako-heart wrote:Thanks for sharing these gems!! I love the future twist, Dude power totems is a solid concept. :D I am running Quests now C.P. every other saturday and I'm really running out of Fresh ideas thanks for the Ideas Good to Hear from you again. I do alot of by-hand quest making and cutting. I was hoping that somebody could make a new adventures design kit "monster/men-at-arms icons" sticker sheet.Soild work here keep posting bro!! ;)


Trust me when I tell you this, but its way cheaper to find some company online to print *lemony goodness* out for you. Printing at home is a perilous endeavor, with costs that quickly escalate when error-correction is necessary. That first batch of cards I made you cost MORE than the second.