Page 1 of 2

Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 2:37 pm
by Pppe
hello.
I browsed to Aginns Inn-> Quests. Nicodemus' Quests and material seem breathtaking and I really would like to play them.
The page redirects to Avenger Sword web page.

There is:
- The Gathering of The Hordes where "equipment" is missing
- The Destruction of the Tomes where "equipment" and "Quest Book" are missing
- The Companion's Quest where "Quest book" is missing

Ive been trying to google the missing files but haven't found them anywhere. Would someone have the files to send or hint some location where these could be found?
That would make one Finnish veteran Zargon very very happy.
If Innkeepers and Ye Olde Inn CEO's would have the files to deliver, I would be interested to exchance some way if I can, for example making the Finnish translate section complete if needed as I have the original Finnish games back home.
Cheers.

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 11:39 pm
by drathe
I have Quest Books for Gathering of the Hordes and Destruction of the Tomes.

As far as I'm aware, Nicodemus never completed the third instalment. He's a member of the Old Scratch forum and visits infrequently. You could try PMing him there about the missing content.

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 9:40 am
by Pppe
thank you very much, I will try.

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 9:25 am
by The Admiral
Yes, this is a real shame. I got back into Heroquest about 15 years ago when I discovered the US version. My brother and I have ever since been playing some epic adventures. At some point the team of heroes split up and they have been completing seperate quests aided by various other charachters. My Wizard set off on the "Gathering of the Hordes", but we haven't bothered with "The destruction of the Tomes" as the final part is not completed. It would be a real shame if this magnificent undertaking was never finished. Meanwhile my wizard, accompanied by Regdar and some others is embroiled in the "Rise of Ramiah", The final part (quest 10) of which will have to wait until this summer when I go and visit my brother.

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 10:05 am
by ruiza97
The links are no longer working. Or are these posted somewhere?

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 10:16 am
by Count Mohawk
I have some of Nicodemus's stuff:

[Attachments removed, please see links in post below]

Regrettably, I never downloaded the attachments for these Quests, so you'll have to take a guess with regards to the Artifacts featured therein. I found the thread on Old Scratch's forum that used to hold some of his Rogue Wizardry preview cards, bu those are long gone due to his having graduated from college.

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 1:03 pm
by drathe
ruiza97 wrote:The links are no longer working. Or are these posted somewhere?

Links updated.

drathe wrote:I have Quest Books for Gathering of the Hordes and Destruction of the Tomes.

As far as I'm aware, Nicodemus never completed the third instalment. He's a member of the Old Scratch forum and visits infrequently. You could try PMing him there about the missing content.

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: July 8th, 2015, 7:17 pm
by Pppe
I browsed my archives and i've got another quest book called Companions Quest. It seems to be a part of this awesome package.
if interested inform me, i'll deliver it somehow.

i'm looking forward to playing these..

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: December 27th, 2015, 4:36 pm
by Pppe
howdy.

a small update. It’s time for serious Hero Quest!

After few years of browsing and messaging and mailing I’ve managed to gather the missing files. They are as mentioned:
- equipment.zip for Gathering of The Hordes
- equipment.zip for Destruction of the Tomes
- quest book for Destruction of the Tomes
- quest book for Companions Quest.


A massive thanks for this goes to drathe, Flint from Old Scratch Forum, clmckay from Old Scratch Forum. You made it possible.

Now after all this, when you combine the above files and Agin’s Inn archived stuff (http://aginsinn.yeoldeinn.com/quests.html) , the sets for parts I – III should be whole.

I would email these to someone how can upload them online (my dropbox skills suck, I’d prefer emailing…) PM me if interested.

Re: Aginns Inn/ Nicodemus's Quests files missing...

PostPosted: December 27th, 2015, 4:49 pm
by Count Mohawk
You'll be able to attach files to your posts after you make one more post.